January 27, 2013

So, about that night in Peru...

Boy, do I have a story for you!

You see, Chaz won a trip for him plus three to head to Peru for a week.  Pretty legit, right?  Of course, seeing as we're best friends, I got to be one of the three, so earlier this week we headed down to Peru for an epic week of exploration and fun!  Another Q's Adventure was well under way!

Tuesday night, we were driving from the airport to the all-inclusive we were staying at, when we were pulled over by the Peruvian police!  You see, our crappy rental car had a busted taillight!  Figures...foreign country, and its a busted taillight that brings me down!  Anyways, when the cops approached the car, they looked in the back seat, and, sure enough, one of our friends had a giant bag of cocaine with them!  Idiots.  So off to Peruvian Prison we went.

The four of us spent the night in the most dismal of circumstances.  Lets just say, never get caught with a giant bag of cocaine in Peru.  The next morning, not wanting to call my parents, I decided to call my grandma to see if she could bail us out!  I explained the situation to her, and asked if she could wire some money down to help us get out of jail and home!  Seems legit, right?  Man, what a week!

...

Or, at least, this all happened to Bizzaro Patrick in Bizzaro World!  My grandma got a call early Wednesday morning, apparently from me.  I told her I was stuck in a Peruvian prison, and needed money to get out so I could get back home.  Apparently I was down there with a friend who had won a trip.  We were driving around, and the Peruvian cops pulled us over for a busted taillight.  When they checked out the car, a friend of mine had a giant bag of cocaine in the back, and thus, we all ended up in jail!  

My grandma, being a sharp one, immediately called my dad to ask where I was.  She also called me.  This is the phone call from my end:

sees phone ringing. answers.
Hi Grandma!
Hi Patrick, are you at work right now?
Yes I am!
OK, so you're not in Peru?
No, grandma, I've never been to Peru.
OK, just checking. Good bye!

That's all I got.  Talk about random!  I mean, what am I supposed to think at that point!  I was super busy at work, though, and actually forgot all about that phone call until that evening when my mom called me to tell me the full story.  Random, right?

Clearly Other Patrick has a much more interesting life than I do!  For the sake of illustrating things, I put my epic MS Paint skillz to work to help everyone who reads this figure out places I've been, and thus are likely to be, and places I've never been.  Do take notes, in case Bizzaro Patrick starts trying to call you from a Peruvian jail (or a Colombian jail, or a Brazilian jail...you get the picture).


There!  That oughtta clear things up!  Anyways, good thing my grandma had her wits about her.  I'm not sure whether I should be amused by this whole story, or if I should be sad that fictional me has a much more interesting life than I do right now!

Anyways, I immediately got sick on Thursday, so clearly those Peruvian jails are filthy places full of disease and various maladies.

Just figured I should share that one!  So, who's up for a quick, impromptu trip to Peru!

4 comments:

Sue Quinn said...

It was a very strange day. At least your Grandma is one smart cookie.

ZeroIndulgence said...

I'm not getting nearly enough love for my epic MS Paint skills! My map is so informative!

Jason said...

Lol, ridiculous. Funny thing is, right up to that bit about the cocaine, I wouldn't have put it past you guys. Maybe a trip to South America is in order!

Dustin said...

I laughed my arse off. That picture is SLICK!