I have some things floating through the ol' noggin right now. Let's get them out on paper and see if we cannot make sense of them!
So, I'm sick right now. I know what you're thinking. I've been thinking the same thing too. You're thinking "but Pat, you never get sick...ever!" Trust me, I know. But, there I was, Thursday morning, feeling awful. The world was spinning around me...and since I hadn't smoked any weed in, oh, a couple years, the only other explanation was that I was sick. Not to mention the uncontrollable shaking, the hacking cough, and the constant nose blowing. I know, sexy, right? HEY, WHO AM I TRYING TO IMPRESS?!? I'M PRETTY SURE MY ENTIRE READERSHIP IS FREAKING MARRIED OR MALE ANYWAYS!
But yeah, Thursday, sick. Not fun. Still, I'm stubborn, so I went into work at 5:45. Felt awful. Told Bob I was thinking of going home, and he asked me to stay at work through the 45 minute debrief call that morning. Fine, that's not bad. Except the call lasted 2 hours. TWO. FREAKING. HOURS! I was dying. I couldn't focus. I couldn't keep my head up...by the end of the meeting, I was laying on the conference table. I couldn't help it...I felt so terrible. Eventually got home around noon...and immediately went to sleep for about 5 hours. Stayed up for a bit through the evening, and got to sleep around 10 or so.
Today, I woke up at 5 again...but this time decided not to go into the office. I turned off my alarm and slept til 930. Woke up, ate some breakfast, and basically stayed low today. This was monumental, though. Today was the first day since I graduated college and started working that I missed a day of work due to illness. Ever. That's crazy, right? I was serious when I said I don't get sick. Not like this. It just doesn't happen.
Spending all day at home, lounging around...not gonna lie, it was super boring. But it gave me a lotta time to think. The first thing that came across my mind was this...how in the world do you guys put up with this? I mean, it seems like most people get sick like once a year, give or take. Some people even more. A couple times a year. How do you deal with this? It's so boring! You can't do things, you can't go places...your body just doesn't cooperate with you! Its awful. You'd think someone would have figured out a cure for this already!
A couple people kept asking me if I had a fever. This was a foreign concept to me. Its like, wait, I didn't go to the doctor, how would I know? What? I don't own a thermometer...why would I? I've never had to before! But I guess this is something people own...so I trekked out tonight to Target to do some shopping...and among the things I purchased was a thermometer. Took my temperature...99.1. Pretty close to normal. Took it again just now (an hour or so later) and it was 98.4. So I'm thinking, no, I don't have a fever. So, yeah, good job on that one immune system.
Needless to say, I've decided I'm tired of being sick. So I'm going to wake up tomorrow feeling all better. I've decided this. It's happening. Immune system, get back in line and keep me healthy!
OK, that's enough about my gross, disgusting last couple of days. No one really needs to hear about all that. I mean, that was basically just me bitching about something most people go through all the time. I'm just trying to figure out what this whole sick thing is all about. But I'm done now.
Anyways, a few things to look forward to next week. Going to my first Sharks game of the year on Tuesday (yeah, my boycott is over...I am not a man of principle, it seems). Headed to Williams on Friday for Super Bowl weekend. Oh, and THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! Yeah, still not tired of saying it. Maybe get some quality time in there the rest of the week. Never know. I never seem to lack for things to do (when healthy). I'm also supposed to start my triathlon training next week...so at least I can appreciate myself, by getting back to work.
I was gonna go through the rest of the stuff bouncing around the noggin right now, but I've droned on long enough. Besides, I've talked through it with Bubba...no need to go through it all here. Life is good...and will be better once I kick this thing. And to that end, I should hit the sheets!
I'll get back to making this blog interesting soon enough. Actually, check back Sunday for a quick recap of my trip to Peru this week. Definitely worth the read!
2 comments:
Hope you're feeling better...Peru? You and I need to catch up
...and have a great time in Peru buddy =D
Post a Comment