I've always hated the term "bucket list." At least for someone as young as myself. I mean, its so morbid...a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. Ideally, I'm many, many decades away from this being a time sensitive issue. However, I've always kept a list of things I want to do and places I want to visit at some point in my life. Instead of a bucket list, though, I've called it my Life's To-Do List!
I'm almost 4 months into my 30th year on this planet, so it seems like a good time to flesh out this list a bit, see what I still have left to do as I enter middle age. I've spent a vast majority of my 20s checking off as many things and places as I can. I figure, I'm young and have had literally nothing tying me down...might as well take advantage of it! Besides, now I'll have some good stories to tell the little Quinn-spawn someday (#1 on the Life To-Do List is to someday have a little Quinn-spawn...BQ3 will rise someday...start trembling now!).
Anyways, lets get to the list.
A few sports things that need to happen...
~I want to be in attendance for the final game of the World Series, the final game of the Stanley Cup Finals, and the Super Bowl. Ideally, all of these will happen with my favorite teams winning. I've had tickets to see the A's in the World Series and the Sharks in the Stanley Cup Finals in each of the past few years...only to see my boys choke and not make it. Sigh. Someday. The Super Bowl will be far more difficult. The cheapest available tickets to this year's Super Bowl are somewhere in the $1400 range right now. Yeesh. I'm not made of money!
~I want to play one round of golf at Augusta National. But, then again, everyone who's ever picked up a golf club has dreamed about playing there!
~I want to attend a Wrestlemania. Yeah, I may not be the biggest wrestling fan anymore, but Wrestlemania is the mecca for WWE fans. I think it would be a brilliant nostalgia kick...and Chris would have appreciated it! Definitely has to be on the list.
And a few personal achievements that need to happen...
~I want to complete a full, Olympic distance Triathlon.
~I want to learn how to surf. I've had one lesson...but this seems like something I should learn how to do, and do it well.
~I also need to learn how to ice skate. I'm the worst hockey fan in the world...I've never tried it! I mean, comeon...a hockey fan that can't skate. This seems like a glaring hole in my hockey fan street cred.
~I want to go bungee jumping. That seems thrilling!
~I want to go to the top of Mt. Whitney.
And, finally, some travel I still need to make happen...
~I still want to step foot in all 50 states (I've checked off 26). The top of my list includes Alaska, the Carolinas, and the northeast! I want to eat lobster in Maine...this needs to happen.
~I want to step foot on all 7 continents (I've checked off 1...sigh). The top countries I'd like to visit right now include Greece, Egypt, Australia, Brazil, and France.
This may all seem like a pretty aggressive list...but then again, you should have seen my list 5 years ago! I've done a lot over the last 5 or so years...this list has gotten substantially shorter. Shorter to the point where I feel in no rush to get through any of this. I'm very, very pleased with how I've spent the last few years, with how much I've seen and how much I've accomplished. I have a long, long time to get through the rest of this. Should be a fun ride, though! Its good to have goals! :-P
OK, back to focusing on the present...which I'm exceedingly good at!
Cheers!
3 comments:
The Mt. Whitney lottery opens up this Friday, and closes March 15th. I need to lose some serious weight in order to go, not to mention there's a baby on the way (hey, one of your goals!), but don't let my predicament stop you! Google their website for details, and to hear my friend tell it, you should really do the overnight option.
Funny, my coworker Lazer actually was just telling me about the lottery yesterday. He plans to throw his hat in the ring this year. I might have to do so as well!
I'm actually doing the same...a friend is organizing an open group that you are welcome to join. You should give it a go! We're all applying on Friday
Post a Comment