“I’m…dreaming…of a whiiiiite….Christmas. Just like the one’s I used to know…”Yes, I know the song, you know the song. Your parents know the song, their parents know the song. Hell, my kitten knows the song, I’m sure (not that I’ve ever let him listen to it. Odin only listens to death metal and punk rock). But yeah, around this time of year, you always hear people pining for a white Christmas…especially out here in California.
And it always makes me wonder…WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE WISH FOR SNOW???
I mean, anyone who knows me or reads my blog knows of my aversion to the cold and the snow. It comes from growing up in California. I think 45 is below freezing. I think 63 is the perfect temperature for Christmas Day. It comes with the territory. But snow is really, really annoying in general.
Does this person look happy shoveling their driveway out? Think they’ll look even happier an hour from now when they’re still doing it?
And snow is awesome for trying to drive. Think these people are happy to be out on the highway in the snow…traveling to grandma’s house to celebrate the holiday, perhaps?
That is, you know, if you can even get your car started.
And when the snow is really bad, well, you can’t drive…but you still need food and other groceries. This looks enjoyable.
Yes, snow can be pretty. But that’s only in the mountains and whatnot. In the city, or anywhere that people live, really, it’s at best a nuisance, and usually it’s a huge frigging annoyance. Add on to it that it has to be beyond cold for it to snow…and snow is wet and being wet makes you even colder. And then you have to put on 15 layers to even walk out the front door. And all that cold makes heating bills go through the roof. Why anyone would wish for this on a holiday is beyond me!
So this year, all you’ll be hearing from this blogger is this:
“I’m….dreaming….of a 65 and sunny….Christmas! With a light sea breeze, that sounds really niiiiiice!”



1 comment:
I'm with you. No Snow!!! I raised you right.
Post a Comment