December 14, 2010

The 2nd Day of Patmas

On the 2nd Day of Patmas, I give to you…2 Christmas Miracles I Need

One of the better parts of Christmas is the hope of Christmas Miracles. Christmas is a magical time of joy and wonder, and, you never know, maybe a miracle or two is waiting right around the corner for you. While I’m open to any Christmas Miracle that would like to present itself to me, there are two Christmas Miracles I am hoping for most at present.

And trust me, both of these would take a freaking miracle, I guarantee you that!

For my first Christmas Miracle, I would like the San Francisco 49ers to win their division and make the playoffs. This may sound like a long-shot, but really, it’s not as far fetched as it once seemed. The Niners, presently, are only one game out of the division lead. Their remaining games are @SD, @STL, and home vs. AZ. Two of those three are divisional game, and very winnable. Actually, the Niners can win their division if they only win those two divisional games. The miracle comes into play in that we need the Seachickens and the Rams to both lose another game. The Rams host KC, and go on the road to Seattle in their two non-Niners games. The Rams need to lose one of those. Seattle hosts Atlanta and go to Tampa before finishing their season against the Rams. Seattle is bad at football and should lose all of those games. The Niners’ Christmas Miracle could also be beating SD this week, which would put us in an amazing position to steal the division. So, yes, this is Miracle #1.

For my second Christmas Miracle, I would like the San Jose Sharks to win the Stanley Cup. Whoa! Now I’m talking! This is a HUGE miracle should they pull it off. First off, the Sharks aren’t any good this year. They have shitty defense and shitty goaltending. Second, even when they were good, the Sharks could never even make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. So, yeah, I’m asking a whole lot here. However, I can’t think of a single thing that would make me happier than to see the Sharks win the whole enchilada. Of course, this is a Christmas Miracle that would have to take place in May and June, but never hurts to ask!

So, to those who deal with the processing and distribution of Christmas Miracles, please, if you can find it in your heart to help the Niners and Sharks see postseason glory, I would be most appreciative!

No comments: