This week was their Christmas episode, and I have to say, it was the greatest Christmas episode any show has ever done. Seriously, ever. It was amazing.
Community is live action, but for their Christmas episode, they did a stop-motion animated episode, like many of our favorite Christmas classics. The results were amazing.
They turned the cast:
Into this:
Yes, they're all toys! And they're all fantastic. It was a great storyline too. Abed (the one on the right in the stop motion picture who is not a toy), is trying to find the meaning of christmas. He was raised Muslim and Episcopalian, and really loves Christmas. He is also the only one seeing everyone in stop motion, so everyone else is trying to help him out with some therapy.
Anyways, Abed proceeds to go through an entire episode, in a Christmas World he created, in search of the meaning of Christmas. I'd urge you to go onto NBC.com (or whatever their website is) and watch the episode, because I really don't want to explain it all here. But I thought the end result was pretty awesome.
I love it. Abed put the meaning of Christmas as such:
The meaning of Christmas is the idea that Christmas has meaning; and it can mean whatever we want.That's it! So simple! I love it! I mean, I have never heard the meaning of christmas described as such. You always hear the regular answers of family, love, Jesus, etc. But that's just part of it. In the end, Christmas has whatever meaning you assign to it! It's whatever we want it to be!


1 comment:
It was a pretty fantastic episode.
Post a Comment