Of course, this is just my opinion. But around these parts, my opinions is fact! So, counting down from 5 to 1, here's the 5 best Christmas Movies of all time!
5. Love Actually - HEY, DON'T JUDGE ME! THIS IS A NICE STORY ABOUT LOVE IN ALL IT'S FORMS, IN ALL IT'S GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES! IT'S TOUCHING! HAVE A SOUL, WHY DON'T YA!!!
4. Home Alone - I grew up with this movie. I can probably recite it line by line. This is the touching story of what happens when you leave your kid at home over Christmas, on accident. And then Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern come in and try to rob your house! And then hilarity ensues and they get caught in this little kid's trap. And in the process he learns about loving his family. Sounds Christmassy to me!
3. A Christmas Story - This one is a classic! The simple story of a kid who only wants one thing for Christmas, a Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a Compass in the Stock, and this Thing which Tells Time! A touching story, to be sure. And don't forget...The major award!
2. Christmas Vacation - This movie still makes me laugh...even though I watch it pretty much 3 times every Christmas Season. It's the classic Murphy's Law Christmas. When all the in-laws, the family black sheep, and an excitable husband and his family all come together...hilarity ensues! And all he wants for Christmas is the perfect family Christmas! Oh, and, one other thing:
I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?1. Die Hard - Yes, this is a Christmas movie! And yes, it is amazing. If this doesn't fill you with holiday cheer, I'm not sure what will. I mean, at the end, the tape holding Bruce Willis' gun to his bare back is Christmas packing tape! What's more holly, jolly than that? And when he uses the hose to jump off the roof and crash into the 30th floor window...did you see the Christmas tree falling over? Awesome! This is what Christmas is all about!
So, with a week left until Christmas, take some time to watch these wonderful movies. I guarantee after you do, you will be filled with the Christmas Spirit!

1 comment:
The stapples in my house have always been Die Hard, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, Love Actually, Christmas Story and my dad will watch White Christmas while my bro and I watch Muppets Christmas Carol. So great job with the list. You almost hit them all.
Post a Comment