My writing can move the world. Literally. I say this because as soon as I sat down to write this blog today, we had an earthquake. Seriously, I put fingers to keyboard, and bam, the earth done quaketh. My words move mountains...and valleys...and office buildings apparently.
Anyways, as it is just a 4.3 magnitude event, I won't speak too much on it, other than to say Steve (4.4) and Brandon (4.2) we're closest to guessing the magnitude right for our office pool. Congrats!
However, it got me thinking. The earth just moved under my feet. Like, it literally quaked around. However, as a Californian, I am so conditioned to earthquakes, that if it isn't a 5.5 or better, I don't even sweat or think twice about it. I'm pretty sure people outside of California would freak out if the earth moved at all. But that's just a guess.
Anyways, before the earthquake and the blogging, I was buying tickets to see Billy Joel and Elton John face 2 face! They're coming to the Bay Area finally! November 14th they'll be in Oakland, and November 17th they'll be in San Jose! Man, that's awesome! I got tickets to the Oakland show, since that one is a Saturday. I was gonna get tickets all together for a group of like 8 of us, but things sold out pretyt quickly, so I had to get tickets in sets of two. Bubs' parents got 2, my parents got 2, and bubs and i got 2. Then my credit card was maxed out, so that was it. I'm totally stoked about this though. Bubs and I went to Billy Joel's last tour back in 2007, and it was amazing. I can't even imagine what it will be like to have Billy and Elton together on the same stage!!!
Also, its almost playoff time for the Sharks! I have acquired tickets to Games 1 and 5 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals. Now, the waiting game is on. Game 1 will either be on Wednesday April 15, or Thursday April 16. We have to hope for the 15th, because on the 16th I will be on a plane to Philadelphia. This would be sad times to miss game 1 of the playoffs. So, everyone use the power of positive thought for Game 1 to end up on that wednesday so I can go to it. Game 1 of the entire playoffs would be amazing!
Finally, as I mentioned already, the Philly trip is coming up, and I am definately looking forward to it. It should be a blast!
Anyways, short blog today, but I thought I'd fill you guys in on my immediate future plans. At least April should be pretty entertaining.
Q's Challenge Update:
The Challenge doesn't get its own update today because this weeks things were small. But, that will happen sometimes.
1. Cooked a new recipe. I made Kung Pao Chicken from scratch. Had never done that before. And, I must say, it was amazing! I truely am a pretty gifted chef when I want to be. It's pretty cool.
Grade: Glorious. Yeah, I've already made it one more time since then, and plan to make it on occasion from here on out.
2. Went to a Sharks game alone. This was cool because it was good seats and the sharks won and it was a pretty exciting game. However, going alone is a different experience, because I didn't have that person there to chat with. So, during intermissions and before the game was a little quiet. But all in all, not bad.
Grade: Glorious. Sharks games deserve nothing less.
3. Watched a new TV Show. I gave Nitro Circus a try, and its amazing. Its like Jackass for extreme sports. Travis Pastrana and friends doing backflips on Big Wheels and jumping Big Rigs 70 feet. I was thoroughly entertained.
Grade: Glorious. 10pm on Sunday nights is now booked!
1 comment:
3 Glorious's? Sounds like a good week.
Post a Comment