March 09, 2009

Q's Challenge: Week 2

It's week 2, and I must say this is already harder than I had hoped it would be so far. Either that or I'm just super lazy. Maybe a combination of the two. I really had to stretch for my three things this week, but bear with me. Once the weather clears up (*Q looks outside to clear skies and sun*) I'll try to start getting outside and trying more interesting new things.

But for now, we have the previous week. As I said, these are stupid and lame, but its a start. And its the thought that counts, right? Right!

1. Stayed in a Hotel in Bodega Bay: To be perfectly honest, I've been to Bodega Bay before, with my parents when I was a child. Although I really don't remember much from those trips. However, we always stayed in houses. I've also driven through there at least once a year on my way up to Ab Feed. BUT! I have never stayed there in a hotel, and just for the reason of me wanting to go. So, we'll add this as one thing. You can read about the trip in my latest Q's Adventures installment.
Grade: Glorious. How could it not be with the weather we got?

2. Attended an entire Sharks homestand: Once again, this is a cop out answer. I've been to tons of Sharks games this year. And this homestand was only 2 games long, and I've definately been to two Sharks games in a row before. But this was the first time I've been to the entire homestand (mostly because it would be far too expensive to go to every game...I've hit 2 of 3, 3 of 4, 4 of 6 before, but never 100% of the games on a homestand). I'll count it because I want to, and it was a small taste of what being a season ticket holder would be. It would have been nice if they won a game, though...
Grade: Gloriously Horrific. Going to Sharks games is glorious, watching them lose is horrific.

3. Played Miniature Golf in Santa Rosa: The third cop out answer of the week is one of those "new venue" things. Bubs and I play mini golf all the freaking time. But I had never played in Santa Rosa. We've faced each other in Sacramento, Fairfield, and San Jose...but never Santa Rosa. That all changed Saturday afternoon. It was a nice course, with some interesting holes and variations on classics (a flat topped pyramid instead of a volcano). Always good to try somewhere new, rather than sticking to the old haunts all the time.
Grade: Decent. It was a nice course, but I'm not going to golf it again unless I'm already in the Santa Rosa area for some other reason.

Back at it again this week. As always, suggestions are appreciated.

No comments: