March 15, 2009

Q's Challenge: Week 3

This week's new things ended up being centered around new food. Trying new foods is something new, and its good to broaden one's horizons! So, here we go!

1. Tried Buffalo Chicken on a pizza. Don't laugh! I like buffalo chicken, and I like pizza...it seemed like the perfect fit! But, no...n0, no, no...it really wasn't. Take applebee's hot wings, put that flavor of chicken on top of a cheese pizza, and let the sauce run over the whole thing. That's what you had. And it just didn't work.
Grade: Poopy. I could stomach it, and I finished it. But I won't get that again if I can avoid it.

2. Had Cambodian Food for lunch one afternoon. This one was kind of a leap for me, as I don't tend to try new types of food too often. But the boys wanted to go there, and since I'm doing this challenge, I was game. This is the point, right? And, I have to say, it wasn't half bad! I mean, it didn't end up being too big of a leap, it was kinda like chinese without the soy sauce and extreme saltiness. I had some ginger chicken and sweet rice. Lemonsomethingorother soup. It was pretty good. I'd go again.
Grade: Decent. As I said, I'd do it again.

3. Downloaded the album of a new artist I don't listen to. OK, feel free to laugh at me on this one, but I downloaded Kelly Clarkson's newest album. But, in my defense, her single is kinda catchy and had a more rocking tone to it than I expected. And, so, my logical brain jumped to the conclusion that if the single was kinda rockish, and the single was probably the most poppy song on the cd, then the rest had a shot. But no, I'm about half way through it right now, and the rest of it is pretty pop, which isn't really my thing. But, you know, it was new music...and I actually gave it a shot! Most of the music I listen to is from the 80s and earlier, and I was starting to feel out of touch with today's youth.
Grade: Meh. Hey, the single is still pretty catchy.

That's it for this week. A little more adventureous, but nothing particularly out there. But, most new things will be small, as I can't afford to be doing big things all the time. Sometime in the next few weeks I plan on knocking out some of the bigger local things I've had on my mind. Since it's warmer and all, I'd like to get up to the summit of Mt. Hamilton, as I've never been and it could be gorgeous. I also wanna take a random evening and go have dinner at the beach. This will be the entire point of my drive, just leave after work with dinner in a bag and eat it while watching the waves out the back of my truck. That sounds like fun, although I've never thought it was worth the drive. Maybe it's time to break out. I'm also going to Philly next month, where I've never been. So, that'll be pretty big.

Until next week, try to get out there and try something new yourself! Might find it to be rather rewarding!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm still uber jealous of Philly.

ZeroIndulgence said...

As well you should be. But you've been there before, and I have not. It's time for me to catch up.

Anonymous said...

You're ahead of me. I've never had Cambodian food. I thought the new Kelly Clarkson single sounded good, maybe I would like the rest, bring it home.

DrunkPilot said...

Ohhhhh, Kelly Clarkson!!!!!!!