So, it appears that this little challenge may be working, as I got out and did quite a bit more than normal on weekday nights, and even went out drinking on the weekend. My life was boring, so I started this challenge to try and spruce up my daily life...and, well, my life is still boring, but a little less so these days. Good times! Let's see what this past week held for me.
1. I tried a new work schedule: Before I was working four 9 hour days, and then a short Friday. This week, mostly due to leaving early on wednesday to play golf (see #2) I tried a few shorter work days and worked longer on Friday. I'd always wondered what it would be like to work a slightly longer Friday for more evening free time earlier in the week.
Grade: Poopy: Totally not worth it. I'll still golf, but I'm going to do my damndest to get as many hours in monday through thursday, so I can go home early on Fridays.
2. Golfed at a new golf course: I finally relented and went out golfing with the boys from work on Wednesday afternoon. We played San Jose Muni, which I had never played before. I was awful, per usual. But it was still good times. The course is rather forgiving, which made my score even that much more embarassing.
Grade: Decent. I'd go again, but I'd go play other courses in the area first if it was my choice.
3. Went out drinking in Downtown Campbell: I had never done this before. I've been to Downtown San Jose, Los Gatos, but never the city I live and work in. Weird, I know. And, you know what, besides the lack of a cover (which was nice) it was way overcrowded and stupidly loud, and just not my scene at all.
Grade: FAIL. I'm replacing Horrific with FAIL, and this failed. You couldn't move, we were packing in like sardines, and my ears hurt. I'm already deaf enough, thanks. I'll pass. Give me a quiet lounge with a cocktail waitress anyday.
That's about it. Got out and tried some new things this week. They don't always work out, but that's how life goes when you are giving things a shot! Until next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment