March 09, 2009

Q's Adventures: Bodega Bay

I spent this past weekend up on the Sonoma Coast in Bodega Bay. It was a pretty darned chill weekend, with very little on the agenda other than relaxing and enjoying the scenery.

Bubs came out in his BMW Z3 Roadster. Sexy. It is a phenominal machine. However, the battery is now dead, and needs to be jumped every time he turns the car off. The gods were smiling upon us this weekend, though, as the car did make it through the entire day Saturday without needing to be jumped, and only needed a jump to get Bubs on the road sunday morning (and then needed a jump again when he turned the car off because he needed his key to unlock his glvoebox, and then needed a jump from other people every time he stopped on the way home...but that's not my story). But, yes, I ramble, let's see if I can't get back on track here.

I got in Friday around 3. We checked into our hotel, and chilled for a bit, then went out in the Beamer and explored the town. We drove around the harbor, and then settled in for an early dinner at The Tides. I had a pretty good Halibut (BQ's is better), and, of course, eating right on the water is always very nice. We then went back to the hotel, jumped in the hot tub for a few hours, and called it an early night.

Saturday we woke up and got the free breakfast the hotel provided. Then we jumped in the beamer and drove up the coast a ways. We drove up to Jenner, then turned inland on 116 and took that into Santa Rosa. We went to Costco for Bubs to acquire some things he needed to get that weekend, and then we played a round of mini golf (I lost by 1), and then drove River Road back to Jenner for lunch at the River's End. After lunch we went back to Bodega Bay and I crashed out for a nap, and Bubs watched Harry Potter 2 on ABC Family. After the nap and relaxing, we went back to The Tides for dinner, where I had a seafood pasta that was just too heavy. I got through about 1/3 of it. But it was very good. We picked up some snacks for later at the store there (teriyaki smoked salmon, salmon sticks, beverages), and went back and hit the hot tub for a while. Then we went back to the room, watched Harry Potter 3, and snacked on some fresh fish. Then Beetlejuice came on, and that is one weird movie. But interesting enough. Then off to bed.

I should note that the weather was phenomenal on Saturday. Not a cloud in the sky, calm winds, and clearer than clear. It was just a beautiful weekend to be out on the coast.

Sunday morning we did breakfast at The Tides (when Bubs finds a restaurant he likes in a place we are visiting, he likes to go there repeatedly...I didn't complain, as it was good). Then I jumped Bubs' car...twice...and hit the road. I was home by 1:30, just in time for my afternoon nap!

All in all it was a very relaxing weekend. And the weather was gorgeous. The Sonoma Coastline is the most gorgeous coastline in the whole world, and when you get to see it on a weekend like we had...it will literally take your breath away. It was nice to get out of town.

Then next trip on the books is a mid-April weekend trip to Pennyslvania (the Philly area), so I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun times. You ate in 2 of our favorite places.
Love,
Mom