October 05, 2009

MMR: One Foot in the Grave (sort of)

This past Saturday I turned 26. Man, that sounds horriffically old...26!!! So, of course, as any old man would do on his birthday, my mommy took me to Disneyland! Yay!

Disneyland was interesting, to say the least. Turns out it was Gay Days this weekend, with thousands of gay men (and a few gay women...or women who just tend to hang out with gay men...fag-hags, if you will) decending upon the theme park on Saturday. For the most part this was just kind of an annoyance because it added that many more people to the park...it was pretty darned crowded. But there were a few key moments. I guess the funniest (and scariest...seriously, I was terrified), was in the bathroom coming out of Space Mountain. I know, sounds like the beginning to something no one want to hear about, but stick with me. I'm in there draining the main vein, and one of the gay guys starts singing "We are fam-i-ly. I got all my sisters with me!" And, sure enough, 6 other men chime in, on cue, "weeee!" Luckily I was done at that point and slunk out of the bathroom. Terrifying stuff, really.

Otherwise, we just saw some of the usual faming stuff...rainbow belts, pink sequened shoes, etc. No big deal. So the trip was pretty fun. I had to go on the roller coaster at California Adventure by myself, which was sad. But I love that coaster. Its probably my favorite anywhere. So it had to be done.

The park was all decorated for Halloween, which was pretty cool. Space mountain had a Ghost Galaxy thing going on, which was ok, but led to 2 1/2 hour lines, which was ridic. Thank god for fast passes. We watched Fantasmic from the water's edge, which was awesome. Anyone who's been to Disneyland knows how hard it is to get the front seats for that thing. Also, that show is amazing, so it was awesome to see it from the front. Splash Mountain is totally a wetter ride these days. Mom and I got drenched. Oh, and the Haunted Mansion was all decorated for the season, and had also switched over to Nightmare Before Christmas storyline...so that's always awesome. All in all, a good bday weekend.

Now, back to being hella old. I'm hella old. 26 just seems, to me, to be kinda getting up there. Like, I can't even claim being "just outta college" anymore, as its been 3 years. I've been working for a while now. I'm on the backside of my 20s...which means I'm much closer to 30 than I am to 20. Man, I'm just getting old. One foot in the grave, as they say. Now nothing to look forward to but retirement! HA!

Anyways, Happy Birthday to Me. Next year my bday will be on a Sunday...so we're reaching the end of my bday winding up on cool days of the week.

No comments: