October 26, 2009

MMR: The State of Q's Blog

This is post #292 for this blog, which means, yes, the 300th blog post spectacular is coming up soon! I've already talked to some of you about this, but the rest of you will just have to wait until it comes out, because its going to be epic.

Today I just wanted to write a brief bit about the state of this blog, trends I've noticed, and pontificate on where to go from here.

First, I've been writing a lot more this month. I've started just writing a blog any time anything entertaining or frusterating happens to me. Which I've found to be both cathartic and entertaining. Apparently not everyone has, which brings me to my second point.

I've noticed a severe drop off in the number of comments I've been receiving on my blog posts. Like, a drop off to zero. I was just checking back, and the last story that even had a comment in it was from August. It's late October now. Now, is it just that my readers are lazy, that my readers have disappeared, or that what I'm writing is not interesting to anyone? I have no idea. Ultimately, it doesn't matter, since I do this blog more for me than anyone else. I did enjoy seeing feedback on some of my stories, though. So, you never know, maybe the 300th as well as the end of the year review will pique peoples' interests again.

So I'm probably going to keep up with the mid-week and weekend blog posts when interesting or entertaining or frusterating things happen to me. It's like a log of my life. I always complain that I lead a boring life, but that's not always quite the case. Sometimes things happen to me that make for a good story. That seems to be less of the case this year than it was last year. Mostly because I am poor and can't travel as much anymore. But in any case, its still worthwhile to me.

Also, I'm always open to suggestions. If anyone wants my thoughts on anything in particular, let me know, and I'll whip somethign up!

OK, back to work. Gotta make that money and bank that PTO time so I can do more interesting things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I still read it eery time. I'm just lazy. Well that and I get your posts by RSS, so I don't have a easy comment options. For the most part i enjoy getting to read the post; but, i don't feel compelled to really add anything to them. They're fine the way they are.

Julie said...

Laziness for me as well.

Anonymous said...

I still read, but usually speak to you in the interim

JMB