October 12, 2009
MMR: Long, Winding, and Rambling.
I had a cold. So I took NyQuil and Zicam...and then the cold started clearing up, but now I have fucking acute bronchitis (or so it seems). Which is shitty. All it is is a stupid cough, which sometimes hacks up shit from my lungs (which got there from the drainage of the cold, of course). My throat isn't particularly sore or anything. I'm taking cough syrup, which tends to help for like 30 minutes, then stops working...but I can't take more for another 6 hours...groan. And reading up on it, apparently this cough can take like 2-3 weeks to clear up. But it makes me sound sicker than I am, and people are questioning whether I should stay home today. And I would, don't get me wrong. Nothing would make me happier than not working. But I don't have the PTO to pull that off, and then also take time off at Christmas. And I'm not taking 2-3 weeks off while a cough clears up. Thats absurd. So here I sit, at work, coughing my lungs out (sorta...it comes and goes). And to top it all off, its supposed to rain all week! Which I'm sure will do wonders for my chest. I'm also going to the Sharks game tonight, which should be epic, although the amount of yelling required will probably claim my voice for the next two days. But thats ok, I talk too much as it is sometimes. Or maybe I don't talk enough. The Home Opener of the Sharks was amazing. Dany Heatley scored a hat trick! Right in front of me! And he capped off the hat trick with a penalty shot goal. So hardcore. He's been an amazing pickup so far this year. Hopefully the scoring continues! Of course, with the Sharks, none of this matters until the playoffs. They will be judged solely on how they do there. Fair or not fair, such is life. I was watching Food Network last night, which I do from time to time, and man, they were making some delicious food! I really want to cook, now. I need to find some epic recipes I can play with, though. Test some things out, see what I can make that tastes delicious. I have a pretty good sense of what tastes good and what works well together, so I'm sure I could pull off anything I try. Just a matter of finding out what sounds good and learning how to make it. Then I can take it in my own direction. Wonderful things happen when I play around in the kitchen. My spicy teriyaki garlic filet was amazing. My angry pasta is always a hit (at least with me...not everyone can take the heat). Time to branch out into more interesting things, now. Anyways, I think its time for lunch now, so I'll leave it at that. If you made it this far, congratulations. Giant blocks of text are hard to read. I also typed this whole thing out in like 6 minutes...no time for return keys! The brain moves to fast...the fingers need to keep up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment