So, it seems that Memorial Day weekend is now free for me...so I'm trying to figure out where to go. Unfortunately, I thought I had plans up until a few days ago, so I'm getting started pretty late at the whole planning thing. Thus, most air travel is out because fares are too high booking this close to the weekend itself. But, there's still some options...
Las Vegas, NV: I really really really really really want to get back to Vegas. Airfare wouldn't be outrageous. If I got enough people who wanted to go with me to split the hotel room cost (which won't be that bad anyways), its totally feasable. Did I mention I really really want to go back? It's been literally like 6 months! Outrageous.
Tampa, FL: Tampa is a gorgeous area. The beaches have warm water. The weather is tropical. Amazing. It would be a good, relaxing weekend. Bubba has relatives out in St. Pete that we could crash with, so the only holdup here is airfare...which, sadly, is pretty steep at this time. If I could get it around 300 round trip, then I'd be all over it. I'll have to keep checking on that, though. *edit* Bubba's uncle won't be in Tampa over memorial day weekend, so there's no place to crash...Tampa is out.
San Diego, CA: I already have a plane ticket paid for by my parents and a place to crash when there...since we were planning on being here for Memorial Day weekend already. So, this is definately the cheap option. I'm calling this the backup plan.
Seattle, WA: This wouldn't be a bad trip. Hotel plus airfare wouldn't be awful, and its a very pretty area with loads to see. But I've been there before, and unless we're talking about Vegas, I've been trying to go see new places before I cycle back to older ones. Still an option, though.
Boston, MA: Boston probably tops the "cities in the US I want to see and haven't" list. I dunno why, I'm not sure whats there, but for some reason I really want to go there. Airfare wasn't awful when I was checking, and we could probably get by without a car if we're staying downtown. But even so, this is probably the most expensive, and therefore the most unrealistic, of my potential trips.
Charleston, SC: Pettibone is stationed out there. If he's going to be around, might be worth checking into heading out there. I had a trip planned to go see him back in February, but he had to cancel at the last minute because of getting sent on a flight for the weekend by the airforce. Since I just thought of this, I haven't really checked into it yet. We'll see.
Guess thats about it. Anyone else got any good suggestions?
Q's Challenge: Week 10
This week wasn't a great one. But I kept pretty busy, which is always a plus. And the weekend was decent. Here's the three new things for the list this week.
1. Ate all three meals at the office on Wednesday: This pretty much sucked. I had a really long work day cuz I had shit to do. I usually eat breakfast and lunch at the office, but this day I also had dinner. It was part of my 9am to 9pm work day. Groan.
Grade: FAIL. I never want to work that long in a day again.
2. Golfed 18 holes at Cinnabar Hills on Thursday: New golf course for me. I think I may have golfed there once before back in the day, but not anytime in the last few years, and definately not the Canyon 9 holes. It was fun. And I got to skip a whole half day of work! Woo!
Grade: Glorious. It was a gorgeous day for golfing.
3. Played Whiffleball with some friends: This isn't technically new. Back in college me and my friends always got a team together for Davis's whiffleball tournament. However, it is new doing it here in the Bay Area and just for fun (i.e. not in a sanctioned tournament). Did this last night with Big Dan and some of his friends, and it was amazing, as expected. I love that shit, though.
Grade: Glorious. I hope to get out and play more whiffleball in the near future.
3 comments:
I hear Chico is great this time of year
I'm boycotting Boston until Brady leaves the Pats, so I wouldn't recommend that one. Vegas is fun, but fun with more people so unless you can get a good group going, probably not a great place to go. A bunch of us are going to be Camping at Clear Lake if you have any interest in that...
I do have a giant tent. Its an 8 man tent, so its perfect for me.
Post a Comment