This week was a wee bit less interesting than last week. This is mainly due to the fact that I spent most of the week working. I worked a 12 hour day on Monday, and it stayed busy after that. Luckily, the proposal I've been working so hard on will be out by Thursday afternoon, and this week is just tying up loose ends. Anyways, I did get around to some new things, which I will now discuss!
1. Saw a New Movie: This week, I think it was on Thursday, I saw Star Trek...and I liked it very much. It was loads of fun, and well done. And while it took the series in its own direction, it still paid homage to the old series, which was nice. I enjoyed it. I also bought and saw for the first time Taken, which was a pretty badass movie. Liam Neeson is a beast.
Grades: Glorious. I will be buying Star Trek on dvd, and will definately rewatch Taken.
2. Happy Hour at Hooters!: I'd never been before, but Bubs, Smiles, and I went to Happy Hour at Hooters Friday afternoon for some drinks. Happy Hour, of course, means 1/2 price drinks and appetizers...which is most excellent. My Capt. n Cokes (errr...n Pepsi's in this case) were like 3 bucks each! Bubs and I also each got the 2009 Hooters Calendar, because Miss October was the girl we met in Vegas back for New Years Eve 2007-2008. I got Bubs to sign it. The bartender was also in the calendar, so we got her to sign it too. Good times!
Grade: Glorious. I'll have to go back for happy hour. Hopefully I can get Smiles out too...drinking alone isn't as fun.
3. BBQ in 106 Degree Heat: I've never even attempted to stand in front of a BBQ when its over 100 outside. Those are the days you hole up in the house and just eat ice cream and get food delivered. But, on this day (Sunday to be exact), I was at a BBQ, and Seth and I did the BBQing for the entire party...at 1:30 in the afternoon. I found a new definition for the word HOT! But the food was delicious!
Grade: Ugh...it really was super super hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment