Man, I guess I just feel like writing this week. Never a bad thing! Besides, I'm sure the 1 or 2 of you who actually read this are craving my thoughts! Who needs Twitter when you have my blog...RANDOM THOUGHTS STYLE!
~If I could have one superpower, and only one...I would choose teleportation. Why? Well, it should be obvious to everyone who knows me! To be able to travel anywhere I want, whenever I want, without airfare or hotel needs...that would be AMAZING! I'd get off work, teleport home, change clothes, teleport to Hawaii for dinner on the beach, teleport home for sleep. Wake up the next day, teleport to Paris for breakfast (which would be dinner there, but whatevs) then teleport to work...see where I'm going? Such potential! Jumper was a shitty movie overall, but the premise spoke to me...I was all, man, wish I could do that!!!
~I've been all about the song "Turn The Page" lately. It's been stuck in my head constantly. I'm always listening to it. It's a great song. The original version by Bob Seger is a classic. Just a great song. However, this is one of the few times when the cover might actually surpass the original...or at least equal it. Metallica does an amazing hard rock cover of this song on their album Garage, Inc. It seriously rocks my effing world!
~Another song where I like the cover better than the original...and in this case I like the cover WAY more than the original...is "Sympathy for the Devil." The Rolling Stones do this song well, but Guns n' Roses (back when they were good, of course) does a version that just blows everything else out of the water. Whenever I want to listen to that song, I put on their version. It's absolutely amazing.
~The best concert I've ever been to was the Billy Joel concert I went to in Nov. 2007. He was amazing, played for over 3 hours, and played all his hits. Amazing. The second best concert I've ever been to was a ZZ Top concert in May 2008. ZZ played all their hits, played for 2 hours straight, and, well, I was 10th row, center stage (Thanks DPG...RIP). Just amazing... I'm thinking I may surpass those this year, though. This year I have tickets to see ZZ Top play WITH Aerosmith in August, which should be amazing. Then in November, I'll be seeing Billy Joel WITH Elton John! That one should be incredible! I'm really really looking forward to both of these concerts.
~I'm playing in a fantasy stock market game right now...and I'm up over 10% in the past month! My 401(k) is not up 10%. Hmmmmm...I think I would really prefer it if my real money was outperforming my fake money!
~In another "you have got to be fucking kidding me" moment, I found the following story on FoxNews this afternoon: Texan Woman Told to Remove 'Offensive' American Flag From Office. Man, I couldn't make this shit up! A woman, in America, was told her American flag, that she had put up for Memorial Day, IN AMERICA, was offensive. It was removed. A quote from the lady, a Ms. Debbie McLucas, says it best: "It is more than I can even fathom, that you would find the American flag offensive, in America," McLucas said. Sometimes I hate people. Read the whole story at the link I provided. I still can't wrap my head around it.
~I think if I ever go back to school to get any sort of advanced degree, I'd want to go to a Big D1 sports school. Somewhere like Texas, or AZ St., or Miami...somewhere that I can go to an amazingly packed football game with my peers, have a real sports team to cheer for, get into March Madness for reasons other than Brackets and winning money. That would be pretty amazing, methinks.
~Its gorgeous weather outside today. Unfortunately for me, its probably not nearly as gorgeous here as it is in Hawaii right now...where Bubba is. I'm so ridiculously jealous right now.
~I still think I want to go to New Orleans for my birthday weekend this year. Anyone interested should let me know. I'd rather not have to go alone :-P
That's all for now. My brain is closing up shop for the day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment