It's time, yet again, for another installment of Q's Adventures! I haven't gotten to do one of these since the Philadelphia trip last month, so this is good news! This weekend I went to San Diego with my family. I flew out of San Jose after work on Thursday, and flew back home Monday night. Both flights were delayed 30 minutes or so, which meant I spent a little time at airport this weekend.
Thursday night I entertained myself at the airport by heading over to the Gordon Biersch bar and drinking some Captain n Cokes and watching the Nuggets defeat the Lakers. The bar was full of Laker fans, so I decided to cheer for the Nuggets. I'm such an asshole sometimes. I also got some helpful distractions in the form of text messages and e-mails from various people. All in all, not a bad wait at the airport. Got into San Diego around 10:30, and to the house by 11. Then I tried to fall asleep on the pull out couch I was assigned for the weekend. Um, no!
The bed was one Bubba would enjoy. I couldn't tell the difference between the mattress and the wood floor. It was awful. I tossed and turned all night...and probably ended up with maybe an hour of sleep.
Friday I went golfing with my parents and George Stramback at the country club George and his wife live at. It's a small par 3 course, but it was fun, and I played pretty well. Then we met up with my Grandparents on my dad's side and we all went to dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's place. My uncle made hot wings and buffalo burgers...delicious. Then off to bed. My grandma insisted on switching beds with me, so I got the actual bed and she slept on the pull out. So, for this evening anyways, I got some sleep.
Saturday I woke up. I know, rough life! Eventually I showered. I ate something. Eventually the birthday party for my sister started, and people showed up. She had some friends come over...her bf Mike, Mike's summer roommate Kyle, and her friend Kristen. All of them were pretty cool people, and I seemed to get along well enough with them. My sister's bf is a Patriots fan, so he's obviously a douchebag. But as far as douchebags go, he was pretty alright! After the party (which we spent drinking) we went to Mike's apartment for some beer pong. This is where I found out that I am AMAZING at beer pong. My teammate Kyle? Not so much. I hate beer...and after having to drink a lot of it after losing 2 of 3, I hate it even more. UGH! Then we threw a movie on and everyone passed out.
Sunday I woke up on Mike's couch with an earache. I started to get concerned about what had actually happened after I had passed out, but it turned out to only be swimmer's ear...which is annoying and somewhat painful, but definately not any shenanigans. More on that later. After waking up I watched some TV waiting for the other living dead to arise. Mike made some bacon. And we all just kinda ambled around for a bit. Eventually I had my sister bring me back to my parents' place so I could shower and change and chill. That night dinner was downtown by the water...where I had a delicious Sole. Then I just kinda watched TV and went to bed. Low key day.
Monday my dad and I went golfing again. Unfortunately my ear was killing me, so we cut golf short after 11 holes and went into the doctor's office. Turned out I had swimmer's ear...which sucks, but I should be able to get a handle on it in a week or so. Funny side note: My doctor's name was Patricia Quinn. I couldn't make this shit up! Too funny. Anyways, after the doctor, I went out to lunch in PB, then packed up, chilled for a while, and then went to the airport with my mother for our flight home.
All in all it was a pretty cool trip. Erin's friends seem like pretty legit people. I'll have to go back down and party with them some weekend this summer. It was good to see some of the extended family. And I golfed pretty well. Aside from the ear distraction, it was a pretty good trip. Although, I swear, everytime I go down there, I end up in the doctor's office or the hospital or something. Jesus...
Next on the agenda, for now, is a July trip to Oregon with the family. However, I might squeeze a Disneyland trip in sometime in June. So, stay posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment