April 20, 2009

Q's Challenge: Week 8

This week's Q's Challenge was kind of a joke, because, really, I spent over half the week on a trip to a new place. So everything I did during that span was something new. But I'll pull out a few things here, give some brief details, and then yall can wait til I post my Q's Adventure write-up for the full details of my trip back east.

1. New State: I could put in three new states, potentially, as I did spend time and eat a meal in both Utah and Georgia this weekend. But, I'll go with the obvious one and talk briefly about Pennsylvania. PA is pretty cool. It's way different than Cali. I guess the biggest difference that I found most weird was that there were no fences around anyone's yards. There was just shittons of grass lawns, and ppl's properties just kinda ended and anothers began, with no real markers. It was weird, but kinda cool! Like, if I was a kid playing with neighborhood kids, I wouldda loved it. We wouldn't have had to play in the street! PA was pretty awesome, and I'll get into it more in the Adventure writeup.
Grade: Glorious. Yeah, it was fun.

2. New Airline: So we flew Delta, and I had never flown Delta before. It was ok. Delta got some YouTube fame recently for their safety video they play before flights with that redhead flight attendant on it, so I got to see what all the fuss was about (eh...). I didn't really run into any problems. In Philly for the return flight they misloaded my bags, and put them on the flight going to Salt Lake City and then Sacramento, instead of our flight going through Atlanta, but that only meant our bags showed up like 15 minutes later. So, no big deal.
Grade: Decent. I would fly them again. No real major issues arose.

3. New Bar: So on Saturday Night we went to this bar in Allentown called PigPen. It was actually pretty awesome. It was a neat concept. They had like 3 things in one...a 12 lane bowling alley in one third of the building, an arcade in the middle third, and some bars with a stage and a dancefloor in the final third. Yeah, this place was huge. And, yes, the help staff had definate talent. Sadly, the hired guns made up the majority of the potential in that place, and cracking hired guns takes a wholly different approach...anyways, I'm rambling. This place was cool, and if I'm ever out there again, I'd totally be all over going again. It's a brilliant idea, what they did with the place. It has to be a cash cow.
Grade: Glorious.

Back to the real world, and having to put in real attempts at doing something new. Let's hope I can keep it up!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad PA didn't disappoint. And great yard observation, I've completely forgotten about it, but it's true, and it was far easier to play hide and seek.