I need to clear the air about something here right now.
I am the unluckiest person I know. Period.
I get shit all the time from people about how lucky I am and this and that. I am not lucky. I have never, in my life, ever, been lucky. I am as far from lucky as you can possibly get.
Basically, in my estimation, luck comes into play with things you have zero control over. This rant was spawned by the NHL releasing the playoff schedule. I had tickets to game 1, but I needed game 1 to be on Wednesday in order to go. Thursday I'll be on a plane to Philadelphia. I've been looking forward to game 1 of the playoffs this entire season. Hell, since the Sharks' playoff run ended last season, I've been looking forward to going to game 1 of the entire playoffs. It's been the one thing I've been hoping for the most. But, it was something I couldn't control, at all. I just needed things to break my way. They did not. The game is on Thursday, and now the one thing I was hoping for most over the last year I will not be able to partake in.
This one incident does not, in and of itself, make me the unluckiest person ever, its just a good example of the point I want to make. If I had any luck at all, and this was a 50-50 shot at happening, the Sharks wouldda had the late Wednesday night game. But this comes down to luck because its something I cannot control.
People accuse me of being lucky because I've been able to travel a bunch in the last year, went to lots of Sharks games during the regular season, etc. This is not luck. Not at all. I had direct control over these situations. I worked to save up my money, and planned the trips, and found people to go with me, and made them happen. Its not like I'm getting invited all over the world by someone and all I had to do was show up. I worked hard to make sure I could do these things. THIS IS NOT LUCK. Same goes for my Sharks games this year. I chose to live close, and spend my extra spending money on Sharks games. This was a choice, not luck.
I am pretty livid right now about the game being on Thursday. I mean, how is it possible that I so continuously strike out when there are things I want that are out of my control? I can't recall one good things that has ever happened to me out of the blue. I've had to work for it all. I'm not saying working for the things you want is bad, but most people in life get some lucky breaks. Sometimes things they cannot control go their way. I couldn't tell you the last time this was the case with me. Everything I can control goes right, because I make sure of it. I am a rather meticulous person when I want to be. But things I cannot control, well, I already assume the worst, because I know it is coming. I allowed myself to hope for the game 1 to be on Wednesday, get excited about the possibility...and now I am crushed. Philly better not suck.
Q's Challenge: Week 7
I guess I better tack on last week's Challenge, even though I don't give a shit right now. Man, one new thing that wouldda been nice to have wouldda been some luck. Ugh.
1. Sat lower bowl (3rd row behind the goalie) for a Sharks game. I always sit up top, so this was something new, and nice to try. The Sharks lost, though, so I'm pretty jaded.
Grade: Decent. I mean, the seats were pretty sweet, but for the money, I'll just save some and sit up top. I think I'd prefer first row of the second deck. It was still cool, though.
2. Tried to dye my beard teal. I have this chin fuzz thing, and usually its just kinda there, and I let it do its own thing, and chop it down when it gets unruly. But this time, in honor of the Sharks playoffs, I asked my hair dresser if she could turn it teal. Unfortunately, I asked this after the bleach for my hair had already been put away. So, you know, it didn't take. If you look closely, there's a very light tint of teal on some of the lighter hairs, but nothing noticable for the most part. Instead I turned my hair teal for the Sharks game using a combination of blue and green hair gel. I will not be doing this again, though, because the Sharks lost.
Grade: Meh. Nothing came of it, so I can't really give it a grade.
3. Saw the movie Fast & Furious. New movie! And, I must say, it was pretty good. It was fun, full of action, and a decent way to kill an evening. It was definately different than the other F&F's, in that street racing wasn't the sole focus, but rather a side thing... but I think that made it better. It was pretty good. An 8 on my grading scale for end of the year lists.
Grade: Decent. I'll buy the DVD to complete my collection, and watch it from time to time after doing so.
That's all. Week 8 will be filled with new things as I'll be going to Philly for the first time. Check back next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment