April 06, 2009

Q's Challenge: Week 6

I'm only giving this week's challenge update its own post because I have no idea what I want to MMR about...so it's gonna be pushed to a (T)MMR. Deal.

Anyways, this week was another light week on the challenge trail. A new restaurant, a new form of laziness, and a new form of non-laziness. Yeah, nothing to exciting. Well, let's get on with it!

1. Tried a new Lunch Restaurant: Went out to Twist Cafe in downtown Campbell...its a French Cafe, and, I must concede, its pretty good. I had a Frog Dog, which is a hot dog on a sweet french bread roll and a piece of cheese melted on top. Delicious. And, the outdoor seating is very nice on a warm spring day...not to mention the scenery. God bless the Bay Area.
Grade: Decent. I liked it, but it's not the best. I'll go back again, though.

2. Took a day off for no reason at all: This is an all time low for me in laziness. I had the PTO hours, and I didn't have a single thing to do at work on Friday, so I just set it up and didn't come in on Friday. I had nothing to do at home either, and I ended up sleeping in and watching tv a bunch...but man, it was nice to just take a ridiculously lazy day and get paid for it. Not too shabby.
Grade: Meh. It was nice to be lazy, but I do enough of that anyways, and I was bored. I should save my PTO hours for when I have something worthwhile to skip work for.

3. Worked out at the Gym on a Weekend day: I've been doing my best to work out 3-4 days a week lately, since I'm a total fatass. But usually I'd confine it to the week, and take weekends off. This past week, though, I only got to the gym twice, so I forced myself to go on Saturday. My schedule was all off, though, and my body was not happy about it.
Grade: Meh. I'd do it again if schedule dictated, or if I decide to be more serious about losing weight...but I'd rather have fun on the weekend.


Well, that's it for another week of the Challenge. I have a feeling this coming week will be trouble for getting in three things (not that I can't jsut make shit up and say its new...like twisting in working out on a saturday into something new). But I'm doing Tuesday at my mom's house, per usual...Thursday at the Shark Tank...Friday at the Coliseum (home opener!). Not too much new going on. I might see a new movie in the theatres (the movie will be new, right?), and maybe I'll try to go somewhere new this week...we'll see. Until then!

No comments: