April 21, 2009

Q's Adventures: Pennsylvania

Thursday April 16:

9am: Wake up, swear under breath about it being early, remember I don't have to work. I am pleased.
10am: Call Kent, get brunch at Taco Bell, and eat it while watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, you know, to get in the proper frame of mind.
10:30am: Have to turn off funny episode mid way through because our ride for the airport is here. I am slightly irritated.
11:30am: Get to airport, get boarding pass, and go to bar. Start drinking. Today is going to be a good day!
11:45am: Do I want a double shot of Capt. n Coke instead of a single, its only 3 bucks more? Hellz yes I do!
1pm: Get on plane, ask flight attendant for some booze, she says not until drink service. I am bitter.
3:30pm: Land in Salt Lake City, Utah. A NEW STATE TO CROSS OFF THE LIST! I eat a crappy chinese food meal in the airport. Since I've had a meal in Utah, it officially counts as a state I've visited. I decide I never need to go to Utah again.
5pm: Get back on plane. Switch the person sitting next to me for Kent, so we can fly the long leg of the trip together. Window seat doesn't show up, so the two of us have the three seats all to ourselves. Bubs glares at us, Kent and I are pleased.
7:30pm: Watch in flight movie Bedtime Stories. It is awful. I am not surprised.
11:30pm: Land in Philadelphia. Look for some "brotherly love' but don't see anything gay happening. Then Bubba's uncle comes to pick us up and immediately starts hitting on Kent. The city's nickname is confirmed.

Friday April 17:

1am: Get into Allentown, PA. I am hungry, others are too. We stop to eat at the Ham Fam. Our waitress is in her 20s, and has no front teeth. This amuses all of us. We make fun of her behind her back, relentlessly. I am going to hell.
2am: Get to Uncle Darrell's house in Topton, PA. Get set up in the spare room. Get in PJs and go to sleep.
9am: Wake up, swear under breath about how early it is, realize I am in another state. I am pleased.
9:30am: Go downstairs, have a delicious breakfast made for me by Bubba's Gammy. It is amazing.
10am: Go out on back porch, realize there are no fences around the houses in the entire neighborhood. I am shocked, and then confused, and then think this is the coolest thing ever. PA rocks!
Noon: Leave Topton, headed towards Philadelphia.
1pm: Detour to Valley Forge, see some deer, leave.
2pm: Park in downtown Philly. Go to Independence Hall. They don't have anymore tickets for tours. Apparently you have to get there at like 10am to get tickets. Who knew an old building was so popular. We show ourselves around, see a copy of the Declaration of Independence (gyped!), and a real page of the original Constitution and the original Articles of Confederation. Decent. We also took a tour of the Congressional Hall on the grounds and stand in the same spot where the first ever peaceful transfer of power not between relatives happened. The US History nut inside of me is impressed.
3pm: Go look at some bell with a huge crack in it. Someone should fix that...
4:30pm: After a 3 mile walk, we get to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Kent and I run up the steps while my phone plays the Rocky theme music. We are epic.
6:45pm: After a 3 mile walk back, meet Bubba's cousin Echo and have dinner at Morimoto. It is delicious, but overpriced. I had kobe beef and lobster. I have expensive tastes.
9pm: Drop Echo off at the train station, find our car, drive back to Topton.
11pm: Kent and I watch a Harry Potter movie. I am tired and go to sleep.

Saturday April 18:

11am: Wake up, swear under my breath about sleeping in so late, realize I am well rested and still in another state. I am pleased.
11:30am: Go downstairs, have cereal, talk with Gammy a bit.
12:30pm: Bubba's PA family starts to arrive. We have a BBQ. I mingle in and out of groups of relatives. I am terrible with names, but everyone seems nice enough. No one in particular stands out, though. The weather was gorgeous, and I sit outside all day working on my tan and enjoying the weather and the food.
5pm: The last of the people leave. Kent and Bubba take naps, I read a Harry Potter book.
8pm: Kent wants to go drinking. Bubs, Kent, Darrell, and I drive out to Allentown and go to the PigPen.
9pm: Walk into the PigPen, and I am impressed. There is a bowling alley, an arcade, and a stage for a band...ALL IN THE BAR! This is insane. We need a place like this in CA.
9:05pm: Have a Capt. n Coke. It is weak, I feel nothing.
9:10pm: Have a Capt. n Coke. It is weak, I feel nothing.
9:30pm: The band starts to play. They are a cover band, and are ok.
10pm: Have a Capt. n Coke. It is weak, I feel nothing.
10:30pm: Have a Capt. n Coke. It is weak, I feel nothing.
11pm: Laugh as a drunk Bubs and a drunk Kent start to talk to the ridiculously attractive beer waitress at the beer bar. She seems really dull, though, so she find them amusing.
11:05pm: Have a Capt. n Coke. It is weak, I feel nothing.
11:06pm: Decide I'm done drinking for the night because I didn't want to spend 40 bucks to get a buzz. This is shit.
11:30pm: Kent and Bubs have shots of Whiskey. I tell them I'm not taking care of them tonight and if they pass out drunk in Allentown I was leaving them there. They have another shot. I am rightfully put in my place.
Midnight: Bubs and Kent have stepped up their approach of the 18 year old beertender. She is really stupid. I immediately look down upon her (and see her bewbs, which are nice...then I look up as to not get caught).

Sunday April 19:

Midnight:30am: I am tired and want to go home. Bubs and Kent have more shots and beers. This is going to be a long night.
1am: Kent disappears into the Smoking Bar. I go with him, but am bored by the drunken banter and leave.
1:30am: Bubs goes into the Smoking Bar. Darrell and I talk about how much we want to leave. Darrell is pissed because he has to work tomorrow. My friends are drunken assholes.
2am: Finally drag Bubs and Kent out of the bar. Darrell starts to drive us home. I make Bubs and Kent sit in the backseat together.
2:05am: Kent rolls down his window and starts puking out it. We are currently going 60mph down the freeway. This amuses me to no end. Kent pukes for a good 10 miles. Everyone is laughing at him.
2:30am: Get back to Uncle's house. Kent locks himself in the bathroom. Bubs passes out on the couch. I help Darrell clean his car, which has puke all over it. I am not amused.
3am: Finally get to sleep after making sure my drunken asshole roommates aren't dead. We are supposed to leave for Church at 7am. I am not pleased.
9am: Wake up, swear under breath about how early it is, realize I missed mass. Kent is sleeping and missed mass too.
9:15am: Go downstairs and realize everyone missed mass. I feel less bad. I eat breakfast and talk with those who are awake.
9:30am: I eat more breakfast. Then shower and pack up my shit.
10am: Kent comes downstairs and has a warm beer and a cigarette for breakfast. He is classy.
10:30am: Bring my stuff downstairs, hang out with Bubba's family.
11:30am: Pack stuff into Darrell's newly cleaned car. Drive to airport.
1pm: Get to airport, check bag. Read that my flight is delayed 30 minutes. Get through security and go find lunch.
3:45pm: Finally get on plane, roll away from gate, get on tarmac, and engines die. We are told that we aren't allowed to leave for Atlanta because of some weather down there. We would have to sit there for 45 minutes on the plane an wait. I am irritated.
4:35pm: Finally leave for Atlanta, now a full hour and 10 minutes late.
6:50pm: Arrive in Atlanta. NEW STATE! Bubs and I rush from Terminal B to Terminal E to catch our flight to Sacramento. First we have a quick Arby's meal though, so the state counts. I decide I never have to come back to Georgia again.
7:35pm: Plane leaves Atlanta. I am sitting next to a large woman who has tied both a sweatshirt and a jacket over her already large hips. And she keeps a large bag on her laps and starts crocheting. I am most displeased.
8pm: Watch in-flight movie Frost/Nixon. My political science background finds this movie totally intriguing.
8:30pm: Movie is over. Remember I'm travelling West and that we are going backwards in time. Grumble that I still have like 2 hours left on this flight. It is long. I stand up to stretch my legs and escape the crocheting queen. I feel better.
8:30pm: An hour has passed, as has another timezone. We should be landing soon, right?
9:30pm: Get into Sacramento. Make our way to baggage claim. No bags yet.
9:45pm: No bags.
10pm: No bags. Go into baggage services. They tell me the retards in Philly put my bags on the wrong flight, but luckily it was the flight from Philly to Sacramento through Salt Lake City. They would be showing up in 15 minutes. I am relieved. I also curse karma for fucking with me like that. It's always watching.
10:20pm: BAGS ARE HERE! And my journey is complete. Go back to Williams to sleep.

There it is. That's my trip in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed looking at my Pennsylvania trip through my eyes and mind. I have posted pictures I took in Philly with my Blackberry on MySpace already. I'll get the pics Bubs took and add them in where appropriate when I get them. If you want any other details, feel free to ask!

2 comments:

Julie said...

No cheesestake?

ZeroIndulgence said...

I'm pretty sure you meant cheeseSTEAK. And no, as you see, we didn't get to Philly til like 2, and had dinner reservations already. Twas a family trip, so I couldn't really tell Bubs "hey, you know, we're supposed to be eating cheesesteak, stop talking to your grandma you never ever see and lets go." I'm not a jerk. Sometimes.