"It is my belief that something awesome happens to everyone, everyday! You just have to be looking for it." ~Q
Yes, I just quoted myself. Deal.
I said the above statement the other day (it might have been yesterday, my memory ain't what it used to be), and it was one of those moments when I realize I'm far more brilliant than I give myself credit for. This statement actually makes sense if you think about it.
Awesomeness is all perceived in the mind. No one can dictate what is awesome to someone. What is awesome to me might not be awesome to you. It's all how you perceive something that makes it awesome or not. In a very general sense, I see myself as pretty awesome. And some of you guys do too (you've told me...which is terrible for my overinflated ego, but I appreciate it nonetheless!). But there are people out there (suprise, suprise!) that do not think I'm very awesome. Maybe I destroyed their online gaming world and got on Brian's hitlist, maybe I got blamed for something I didn't actually do, but you're too retarded to see otherwise. Maybe I just rub you the wrong way with my completely (at times) amoral view of life. Whatever it is, I'm awesome to some people and not to others.
Everything in life is like this. Awesomeness is all in the mind's eye (did I just type mind's eye??? i don't even know what that means! but it sounds good, so I'll run with it). Thus, when going through your everyday life, I'd venture a guess that something you would consider awesome happens around you. Whether it be a sweet car flying by on the road, a sexy girl walking through the lobby, or the fact that you can wake up at 8:45, take a shower, and still be at work before 9 (that was awesome). People just usually aren't looking for it or open to it.
In today's world, we are taught to keep our heads down, don't stir the pot, and just get through our days. People put blinders on and just keep to themselves. Nothing out of the ordinary happens to them, and they are afraid for others to find out anything about them. They're trapped in their own little bubbles of bordom. I may get stuck in ruts from time to time, but for the most part I try to keep my life fresh and entertaining. Something cool is going to happen to me today. I dunno what it is yet, but I'm looking for it. And, at the end of the day, I'll probably believe I had a better day than 90% of America. Even though all I did was go to work, work out, and eat meals. If you are looking and remaining open to awesome things happening to you, then awesome things will happen to you. If you dwell on the monotony of your own life, then you'll probably miss something that would have made your day extraordinary (extra as in anything but ordinary), or at least brought a smile to your face.
So I guess I've been hella preachy lately, and I'm sure it's all for some reason having to do with my overpowered brain that I can't fully comprehend because my conscious brain isn't communicating with my subconscious brain very well. But, you know what, sometimes being in a contemplative mood helps me figure shit out that ends up being helpful to others too. So, maybe if you feel like your life is stuck in a rut, you need to keep your eyes open for something awesome to happen to you today. Chances are, something will if you're looking for it.
"What you perceive is who you are." ~Neil Strauss
1 comment:
I completely agree with you. Thinking positive and being open to the awesomeness of the world is the best thing you can do for yourself.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment