Tick. Tick. Tick. The hours tick off the clock.
It's midnight.
I should really be asleep. But I'm not. I'm sitting at my computer, staring at the pretty colors flashing at my face.
Well, OK, I'll give it a try. Let's go to sleep.
Tick. Tick. Tick. It's 2am.
I'm still awake.
The brain tries to tell you to fall asleep. The overpowered brain also keeps thinking about anything and everything. It contradicts itself. Then tries to figure out the contradiction.
Tick. Tick. Tick. It's 3am.
Exhaustion is setting in, but you are still staring at the ceiling.
If only you could turn your overpowered brain off. If only you could *yawn* fall asleep like a normal person. If only you could...
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!
Time to wake up.
It's 8am.
Another night passes with less than 5 hours of sleep. No rest for the weary, you are due in at work in an hour.
Tick. Tick. Tick.
The day begins again. Maybe tonight will be the night you fall asleep on time. Maybe tonight your body will take over, tell the brain to shut up, and get some quality sleep.
Maybe tonight...
1 comment:
If you drink from the opposite side of the glass while standing on one foot, it may help. Yeah, that's the cure for the hiccups, but if your balance is anything like mine you'll fall forward and bonk your head.
Immediate sleep!
Post a Comment