October 13, 2008

MMR: Zaniness

Disclaimer: If any parentals happen to come across this post, I'd suggest moving on without reading it. The contents of today's blog post are entirely factual, did, in fact, occur this weekend, and will probably horrify you (if you are not my parents, you'll find it hilareous). If you do proceed further, I'd rather I didn't know about it. That is all. Enjoy!

This weekend was probably the weirdest weekend I've ever had.

Don't believe me? Let me retell it to you as best I can remember.

Friday night was a wash. We won't talk about it. Saturday I woke up at 8:30, on my own. Weird in its own right. I watched a college football game, which is also weird. I never watch college football until bowl season. Although, OU v Texas was a phenomenal game. Let's move on to the evening.

That night, Jason and I had Jason's girlfriend (Crystal) and her friend (Lindsay) over for dinner and such. I cooked (with help from Jason) a delicious chicken and pasta meal. No, seriously, it was devine! And we drank some wine, and then some other stuff (I moved on to the Cuba Libres), and we watched a movie. And Jason and Crystal disappeared to the back room, and Lindsay went home.

Anyways, lets move on to the weirder part of the night. I walked Lindsay to her car, and she took off. I didn't feel like going back to the apartment yet (I needed to get some fresh air), so I decided to wander around the apartment complex. When I get towards the back of the apartment complex, I find a nice little rose garden with some benches, and I sit down. I whip out my crackberry and start texting people, seeing who was up that I could talk to. And, luckily Baby Sister was up, and she called me!

At the same time, the sprinklers came on, and the bench I was sitting on was no longer safe. While talking to Baby Sister, I decide to go for a walk on the streets of San Jose. I was still a little tipsy at this point, and when I'm tipsy, I get a very one track mind. My mind decided to focus on the phone conversation. My feet took care of the walking. However, when I finally hung up with Baby Sister, my feet did not tell my brain anything of the past 30 minutes, and I was decidedly lost in some neighborhood.

So, realizing I was lost, I decided to try and retrace steps I had no real recollection of ever having taken. I was also checking street signs for familiar names. While doing this a sheriff pulls up along-side me. He asks me what I'm up to, and I tell him I'm out for a walk to get some fresh air. He asks me where I live, and I tell him River Walk apartments over on Bascom. I then confide in him that I'm a little lost and ask if he can point me in the direction of Southwest Expressway. He does, asks if I'd like a ride back to the apartments, I respectfully decline, and I head back home. Luckily, I wasn't actually too far away. Also luckily, I had sobered up by the time the sheriff pulled up, so I didn't get hauled off to the drunk tank. Good luck all around.

I get back to the apartment, and I guess I had been gone for like an hour, because Jason comes out to see if I'm ok. I am, but I'm also hungry. He is too, so we hop in my truck (since I could drive, he could not...lightweight), and go in search for food. Taco Bell was closed. So we flip a bitch and head towards Jack in the Box. That's where the final, really weird thing occurred for the evening.

Lying in the road in front of j in the b is a dude, flat on his back, not moving at all, his bike next to him. Just past him were two cars (one of which was a cab) squeeled to a halt, and 5 or 6 people looking horrified on the sidewalk. Yes, someone had just crashed into a man on a bike, and this man appeared to be dead (I cannot confirm this as of yet). There was nothing I could do, and I didn't wanna get in the way, so I continued into the j in the b drive through line, and the cops and ambulence showed up while we were in line. Jason and I got our food and drove home the long way.

When we got back to the apartment, Crystal was crying in Jason's room, so he went to take care of that. I did all the dishes from that night's dinner party, ate a small portion of the food I had bought (I suddenly wasn't so hungry) and went to sleep.

It was a weird fucking night. To be honest, my head is still grappeling with it. I need something to help clear my mind, which is why it's lucky I have a Sharks game to go to tomorrow night! Anyways, just thought I should share the randomness of my weekend, and more specifically, of my saturday night/early sunday morning. Got any good stories that might top this one? Please do tell!

2 comments:

Julie said...

"Flip a bitch" is one of my new favorite sayings. You get bonus points for using it. And feel free to call me at anytime. I rarely sleep and my phone is always on.

ZeroIndulgence said...

"Flip a bitch" has always been a classic term that is underused in everyday conversation. I'm working on bringing it back to prominence.