It's amazing, when you'll be sitting there, and you'll have this moment of clarity: "wait, what the fuck am I doing? I'm better than this. My brain is under my control, it doesn't control me." I think it all started the other night when I was reading a book by Neil Strauss, and one line in it really stuck with me: "What you perceive is who you are." And I thought to myself, damn, this entire year I've seen myself as a badass, and thus have acted like a badass, and I've had a great time. I have one back weekend, and all of a sudden, I'm seeing myself as worthless and unwanted. This is retarded. I'm still the same guy. So I told my brain what was up, and now we're all good!
Honestly, I know I'm a fucking catch. I'm a good guy who always cares for those who are closest to me (my friends and family at present). I have an amazing group of friends. And I definately know how to have a good time. I go on tons of adventures and little vacations, and really, I can't tell you the last time someone hung out with me and didn't have a great time. Someday, that will translate into someone realizing this and wanting to spend more time with me. Until then, I'm not having any less fun. Those who have blown me off and don't wanna spend more time with me are having less fun, but I certainly am not. I'm going to New Orleans for new years. I'm planning a random Grand Canyon weekend roadtrip (no joke, its going to be intense...i may follow up on this one in a bit). I'm going to hike Half Dome over memorial day weekend. I'll probably roadtrip up to Oregon after the winter is over, and I wanna fly out to South Carolina after Pettibone gets there and hang out. It's going to be a blast, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it! :)
Hey, I've never been particularly humble!
Grand Canyon. This is a trip in the mold of my Tahoe weekend, Hollywood weekend, and, until we ran out of money, the random Seattle weekend we were going to take (we being Bubs and I). I get bored, I pull out a map, and figure out where I want to go. It's amazing. The conversations usually go something like this:
Q: Hey, what are you doing the weekend of?
Chaz: Nothing yet.
Q: Have you ever been to?
Chaz: Not yet, what did you have in mind?
And thus a trip is born! Of course, lately, I'll just say the first line "hey, what are you doing..." and he'll reply with "where are we going?" Smiles recently got to enjoy being a part of this conversation, taking the place of Chaz. When I came up to him and asked if he'd ever been to the Grand Canyon. I haven't either. And it's ONLY 11 hours away! We could do that in a long weekend! Oh man! Right now I'm looking at the weekend of November 14-16. Maybe extending it out a bit, since it is a lotta driving. I'll confir with my counterpart for this trip and we'll make a final decision (maybe get my grandparents involved for a one night stayover on thursday night). I definately plan on making this happen though. I think it would be absolutely gorgeous to watch the sun rise over the Grand Canyon.
Moving on, I've been to two Sharks games so far this season, and I've seen two 4+ goal performances by the Sharks! Thus, I've enjoyed 2 free personal pan pizzas from round table. The only thing more delicious than pizza is free pizza. Mmmmmmmmm...
Oh, and I just found this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3646392
Troy Polamalu is now my new favorite player in the NFL.
That's all for now. My ADD seems to have diverted my attention elsewhere (which is why I started typing this at 12:25, and it's now 1:30, and it's not really that long. I can't sit still long enough.). I'll check back in next week!
2 comments:
TP- unstoppable
I thought you would like that one, Jimmy B!
Post a Comment