October 07, 2008

(T)MMR: Odds n' Ends

So, yeah, yesterday I really didn't feel like writing a blog. I didn't wanna do anything, really. I was exhausted after my Vegas weekend, and I just really felt like doing nothing. So, I found yesterday's blog to be rather amusing. I'll have to give Chaz co-author credit for it though, because of the following conversation:

Q: whats the MMR to be about today...
Chaz: hrm
Chaz: lethargy
Q: ugh
Chaz: that's the MMR right there!
Chaz: Lethargy!
Chaz: ugh
Chaz: post it
Q: hahahahahahahaha
Q: we're a good team

And thus blog #193 was born. That would make this Blog #194, which means we are only 6 blogs away from the 200th Blog Post Spectacular. I'm going to need some help with this one. If, as my readers, you would be so kind...I could use some direct quotes on how this blog as affected your life. I'm positive that I've had an earthshattering impact on all of you through my insightful and entertaining writing, so I wanna hear about it! If it's good, you may even get quoted in the 200th Blog Post Spectacular. I expect #200 to come somewhere around the beginning of November.

Oh, Vegas, right. Yeah, I was there for my birthday weekend. While there I was fortunate enough to meet Criss Angel (the Mindfreak!) while he was playing cards in the casino. Although, for full disclosure, I have to give Chaz full credit for that pull, as it was his tattoos that interested the Mindfreak in the first place. We BS'd more with his bouncer than with him, since, you know, he was trying to play cards with his buddy, and we don't want to be "that guy." Ya know? Yeah, you do...

I also got to meet Pete Rose. He was at the sports memorabilia store in the Caesar's Forum Shoppes. I got him to personalize and sign an 8x10 of him sliding into 3rd base in the World Series against the Yankees, and we sat and BSd for a bit. Then Bubs got him to sign a baseball, and we BSd some more. And we also took pictures with him with my camera. So that was freaking awesome. As big a fan of baseball as I am, meeting the all time Hit King was definately a trip.

My sister was in town for the Vegas trip too, not that i saw her much. I saw her exactly twice. For 20 mintues when she got into town. And then for like 30 minutes later that night when she lost her phone and some dude called me to tell me my sis was alone at Caesars and needed someone to come pick her up. I brought her back to the Luxor, reunited her with Chelsea, and never saw or heard from her again. Hell, I still haven't heard from her yet. Talk about being greatful for taking care of her. Nice to know my sister cares about me enough to come into Vegas for my bday, even if she didn't talk to me for the most part for the whole weekend. Ugh. Yeah, I'm a little peeved at this one.

Enough about Vegas, lets look to the future!

Thursday starts the Sharks season, and I'll be in attendence at HP Pavilion as they take on the Ducks, which should be awesome! Then I'm back at the Tank the following Tuesday to see them play the Blue Jackets. I'm really looking forward to the season, and especially the 12 games I get to go to this season! Living on the light rail line will be convenient too, since I won't need to drive downtown and pay for parking 12 times! Excellent!

My next trip of note appears to be New Years in New Orleans. I've already discussed this trip at length on this blog, so I won't go into extreme detail here. But, yeah, I'm really looking forward to it!

Oh, and I put my name into the drawing for the right to purchase single game World Series tickets if the Dodgers can get past the Phillies in the NLCS. That would be awesome! I'd totally take my pops down to LA for some Dodgers World Series excellence. You know, if I can afford it! Haha.

I guess that's it for now. Get me some quotes in the comments section that are entertaining enough to use for the 200th!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I'm weary, feeling small,
When tears are in my eyes, this blog will dry them all;
this blog is on my side. when times get rough

And friends just cant be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.

When i'm down and out,
When i'm on the street,
When evening falls so hard
this blog will comfort me.
this blog will take your part.
When darkness comes
And pains is all around,
Like a bridge over troubled water
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.

Sail on silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine.
If you need a friend

This blog is sailing right behind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.
Like a bridge over troubled water
this blog will lay me down.