May 31, 2005

Nothing like an A's game!

So, I have to say, there's nothing like a good A's game to get your head in the right place. Good friends, fresh cut grass, and your favorite baseball team winning in 11 innings. Wow, it was a great game. Everyone contributed to the win, and the A's snapped an 8 game losing streak. Letsee, Tony, Sameer, Emily, Kent, Jonelle, and Matt went with me. Not a bad crowd. Got to sit in the bleachers (my favorite spot to sit) and watch our boys play well. Kielty in the OF was a character, interacting with the fans in the bleachers every time he came out. Bobby Crosby returned, and the crowd gave him a HUGE ovation. Good to see the kid back out there :) After the game we got to go out on the field to watch the fireworks show. It was awesome being out on the field...and when Barry Zito thanked us for being there and talked about his Strikeouts for Troops, I was on the same field as Barry Zito!!! Of course, there was caution tape, some guards, and a few thousand people on the field as well...but I was one of them! hahaha... Overall a great night, I couldn't have asked for anything more :)

On the subject of friends, Sameer came and visited this weekend (with Tony). It was good to see him. He really is an awesome guy. Its too bad I'm not gonna see him again for a while. He's going to Mississippi to Teach for America. Very admirable. Hopefully he'll come back home again at some point to hang out again. In any case, it was really good to see him.

Also on the subject of friends, Tony's brother Chris's brain tumor is back. He was complaining about headaches and such, and his brain had swelled up where the new tumor came in. They went in and relieved the swelling pressure. Now they are waiting to talk to the doctor to figure out the next step. What approach they will take. I love Chris like a brother, and I hope he's going to be alright. It sucks that this had to happen to such an awesome kid and awesome family.

End of the quarter is here. I turned in a paper today, and I have 3 left to write in the next week. Going to be quite a crunch, but hopefully I'll get through it and not fail out of college again. Not that I'm worried...there's just a lot of my grade that hasnt been decided yet and I'm gonna be swamped for a few weeks here.

Ah, I think I'm in love...

But not with this heat...its been freaking hot today and I'm dying. I can't wait to go home, where its not quite so hot.

And I think I'm going crazy again. Well, I was before the A's game. That calmed me down. And I have a plan of attack to get everything done I need to. So I just need to execute, which I will. Hopefully I won't drive myself crazy doing so, tho.

But the reward will be a few summer weeks off.

Before summer session 2 :-/

So, pool party this summer. OK, this is a tradition, but I was thinking of skipping it this year. What's the demand? Would people actually come or should I just forget it? I would hold it on a Saturday in July, probably 2 or 3 weeks after the 4th (and before I go camping with the family). Its usually fun. We would play softball at like noon (ppl should be able to get up by noon), and then swim the afternoon and evening away. Have a BBQ and some drinks. Be a lot of fun! OK, I'm gonna hold it! Stay tuned for possible dates.

Oh, and anyone looking for something to do on the 4th of July should come out to MoHill. We usually have a good time with the parade (ok, thats boring), we have a pool party during the day and go watch the fireworks at night. It's a lot of fun, and you get to see me...what could be better!!!


OK, that's all for today. Off to write another paper I'm sure :-/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they really should be called the B's

James Brill

Anonymous said...

Last 4th of July was my favorite ever, and that was days after my pop-pop's funeral. Fire works are fun and scary at the same time.
-Julie