May 16, 2005

Back and at it again...

Yeah, I had a great weekend in Yosemite! It was 75 and sunny all weekend and with the snowmelt, the waterfalls were all amazing! So much water running off them. The wedding was really nice. Gina and Seth couldn't have asked for a better place and better weather. Good to see my other family, the Piccardo clan, again. Also good to see my parents, fresh off their trip to Florida. I really, really enjoyed this weekend.

So, now I wanna go back to Yosemite. It's a great place and there's more things I wanna do there. I hadn't been to Yosemite since 8th grade, and now I remember what I was missing. Can't wait to go back!

Came back to play in IM's. Our coed team won and I smashed a HR in the game. The win gave us the division championship for the second straight year. We didn't fare so well in the men's game, getting killed by over 30 runs (i know, pretty bad). They were just plain better than us. We didn't play overly bad, it was just a rough, rough game. But, we still finished 3-1, second in the division, and are off to the playoffs. Should be fun to continue the run!

Tejada is now the best player in baseball. He hits, he can run, he fields well, he hits for power, and he's a great clubhouse leader. The A's were dumb for giving him up (and I said this at the time they did it...I'm just being proven right now).

The A's are playing terrible. Lost 8 in a row now, and are just bad all around. When they pitch well, they can't hit; when their hitting comes around they can't pitch or field. It's just bad. A ton of our players are injured too! It's really really tough to watch. Luckily I love my boys and am confident they will turn it around and make this a respectable season.

The A-Team is an awesome show! I'm glad Kent and Jimmy turned me on to it. Great show from the 80's!

Only a few weeks to the end of the quarter. With a few weeks here where I don't have any papers or midterms, I need to get other things done (i.e. major change, Uni Training, etc.). Busy busy...but once the quarter ends, I'll get some nice time off. It will be good.


That's all for now. Keep cheering for the A's and for the Autobots and Decepticons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to an A's game on the 5th where I'll be rooting for them!
On the other hand I'm going to an A's game on the 19th where I'll be rooting for the Phillies, but I gotta have some home town pride,

-Julie