wooooooo!!! It will be nice to have the few days off, even if I have three papers due next week. Tony and Sameer are coming up to hang out Sunday and Monday, and I'm going to the A's game Monday night. It's gonna be awesome.
OK, so, yeah...why is the Scripps National Spelling Bee on ESPN??? Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous. Why would ESPN think that little nerdlings with blank expressions on their faces trying to spell words we can all spell (b/c they're on the TV in front of us) would be entertaining to sports fans? Maybe to see the crushing of little kids' dreams, but man. A spelling bee doesn't deserve to be on local public access...not to mention ESPN. Geez...
Two words...Vanessa Marcil.
Oh, and for all you racing fans out there...Danica Patrick (good last name on that girl, eh?).
I have a theory...the A's are losing because they have gotten it into their heads that they can't win. With their offense struggling they got discouraged. This seeped into all aspects of their play, leading to all the errors we are seeing and event he pitching problems we saw. It's all intertwined. And, all of this leads back to the A's not having an inspirational leader. A Miguel Tejada who can get a team fired up and snap them out of the funk they are in. If someone in their clubhouse would just fire these guys up, they should turn it around and play much better. They are better than this...
I have another theory...our IM teams lack the mental toughness it takes to win a championship. Or, maybe not so much mental toughness, but inability to calm down and just play. We (and I wont separate myself from it...i do it too) get too worked up before IM games, and then we are jittery and dont hit well and dont field well. And, if we get behind, we start pressing and it makes everything worse. We need to just go out and have fun. We've built up "the picture" to be bigger than it actually is. I think if we just went out and had fun, and didn;t worry about it, we would play much better. Guess we'll have to wait until next year tho.
I might get my bus training done this weekend...which would be pretty cool. I'll be close either way.
Memorial Day weekend and BBQ's go together. Yeah, we're having one on Monday around noon...before we leave for the game!
OK, thats enough. Between the theories and the rant, it's been a good entry. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment