June 05, 2005

Oh man, another early morning post...

t's 4am and I'm posting, which can only mean one thing...I can't sleep. So, I figured I'd try to get some stuff off my mind. So here we go...


The A's won again...always a good thing! Joe Blanton got his first win, Street got his second save, Byrnes had a game tying 2-R HR, Swisher knocked in Crosby and DJ with his single and subsequent forced error. Chavy hit a HR. A good solid win by my boys. Nice to see them bounce back after a tough loss to Halladay.

Halladay is putting up Cy Young numbers right now. Of course, Mulder was at this time last year, and we saw what happened to him. But Halladay is almost unhittable right now.

Went and watched the Adobe guys play wiffleball this weekend. It was pretty cool. They played well and were all dressed up in Star Wars stuff. Very funny. But yeah, I had a good time cheering my buds on.

Kent and his women man...I just can't get over the stuff he pulls sometimes...hahaha!

I wish I wasn't so damn shy. But I'm working on it.

Talking with Sean is always a blast. Some of my favorite conversations are those I have with him. I can't wait until I get to see him more this summer (I hope). Should be good to spend some time at home in MoHill.

Only like 2 weeks left. The tally: 3 papers and 3 finals to take. It's going to be a busy 2 weeks. I hope I survive. I should, as long as I keep up on my papers and dont turn in crap. Luckily I'm a good writer and can get away with not quite as informative papers b/c they are written well.

I was gonna go to the A's game tomorrow, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me. I guess we did just go on Monday, but I wanted to get a Rich Harden bobblehead and spend an afternoon in the sun at the ballpark. Ah well, I'll have to wait until after finals. Actually, I think I will be going the weekend after finals end to see them take on the Phillies before I go home. Maybe a Saturday game and then go home Sunday.

Oh yeah, party here on Friday the 17th. Its the day after finals end and you should all be there. It should be a blast! Our parties usually are.

Oh, and if you have nothing to do on the 4th of July, let me know. There's always something going on in Morgan Hill on the 4th...one of my favorite holidays (right behind Christmas, and right ahead of Halloween and Thanksgiving).

OK, I'm going to go on a rant here for a second... Now, I love America. I think we are the greatest country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. I'm getting sick and tired of all the people who live here and complain about the country and talk about how horrible we are. Seriously, if you don't like it, GET OUT! I constantly hear shit talked about our President, about how our civil liberties are being taken away. People bitch about everything in this country, and yet enjoy the freedoms we have because of the way this country is run. I have to say I admire Johnny Depp here. He hated the way this country was run and such...but he didn't bitch about it, he moved to France. I think more people need to follow his lead. Either love your country or get out. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech, but when someone is constantly looking for ways how this country is terrible and a scourge on teh earth, thats when it goes too far. I hear far too much of that today and I'm sick of it. If things are really as bad as you say, maybe you should go find someplace better to live. Oh, wait you can't? Then shut up and enjoy your freedom that our soldiers are fighting for today.

I'm also pissed about those who badmouth our troops while they are over here comfortable in their beds b/c of these guys. We have people in Iraq and Afghanistan right now hunting down people who want to kill you. They sleep in the sand and have to be on constant lookout for scorpions and sand ticks...and thats when they're not looking out for bullets and mines. These guys are heroes, out protecting the freedom we love so much, and yet some people have the nerve to tell them that they are wrong for what they are doing and badmouth them for protecting this great country. Until you grab a rifle and hit the battlefield, you have no right to tell these guys they are wrong. So hypocritical: you love your freedom but bash how it is defended. Ridiculous.

OK, finally, this one last thing...I'm tired of always having to set up things to do if I ever want to get out of the house. Whenever I want to get out and do something, I always have to plan it and invite people to do it with me. Can't someone else have the forethought to say "hey, we're about to watch a movie, why dont we call Pat and see if he would like to join." I swear, unless I'm the one planning something, I'm never invited to be included. I'm tired of it. I don't want to feel obligated to plan events and fun things to do to just get out of the house. My friends should be there to include me when they think of something fun to do as well. I feel like an outisder in my own group of friends sometimes, and I don't like it.


OK, I guess that's all for tonight...and good thing too. I'm tired. Can't wait till tomorrow when I wake up and get to write a paper!! Yeah, fun times. Anyways, goodnight.

No comments: