June 10, 2005

Happy weekend!

OK, wow, first I need to get this out...

I watched the Super Regionals of the College World Series right now with AZ St. vs. Cal-St. Fullerton. Its the bottom of the 9th, no out, game tied 2-2 with Fullerton up and a man on 3rd. AZ st. decides to walk intentionally the next two batters to load the bases, try to get a force and hopefully save the tie. On ball 4 to the second intentional walk, the third base umpire calls a balk on the pitcher, awarding home to the runner at 3rd and ending the game.
OK, two distinct issues with this. First, IT WASN'T A BALK!!! The pitcher comes set, and throws...the catcher stays in the box until the pitch is thrown. It was a textbook intentional ball, and the same thing he had done for the last 7 pitches. The announcers had no idea where the balk was. I couldn't see it. It was pathetic. Second, why would an umpire feel the need to call a balk with the game tied in the bottom of the 9th on an intentional pass to load the bases with no out??? Did he feel this need to decide the outcome of the game himself? It had been an awesome game so far. So close and well played all around, and this assclown decides to call a balk on an intentional pass so he can go home. It was absolutely pathetic. Let the kids finish the game themselves. Don't decide it for them. I hope that umpire gets fired. He had no right to call a phantom balk and decide the game like that. It's absolutely pathetic.


On that note, what else is going on? Well, not much...

I turned in a paper today, my second to last one of the quarter. This was for film theory. I have one left for PoliSci 4, which will serve as my final, which is nice b/c i dont have to go in at 8am on Wednesday and take a final, i just have to turn in a paper by 11. Not too bad.

Been doing some preliminary studying. Going through study guides and such. I'm having trouble staying focused with my finals so far off in the distance. I still have 4 free days until I start. But, I made a schedule, so I'll stick to it. It'll just be a brutal stretch.

Watched the A's beat the Braves today. We got HRs from Chavez and Croosby and 2 RBI by starting pitcher Haren. Totally awesome. I'm going to an A's game party tomorrow to watch the game with some friends. Should be fun (assuming they arent rained out by the tropical storm in the area).


Guess that's it. I really didn't have much to say. I just needed to rant about that end of the college game because it was complete bullshit and it would have driven me crazy if I wasn't able to get that out.

No comments: