Well, I think it's finally time to admit it. I am injury prone. Fall of Jr. year high school I broke a bone in my left foot. Fall of Sr. year I partially tore a tendon in my left foot. So, coming out of high school, I just assumed my left foot was injury prone. But then the summer before college I had a labral tear in my left shoulder after a weight lifting slip. My joint just busted through the cartilage while doing the bench press. I let it go for a while, thinking it would heal, but eventually I went into the doctor for it. I had surgery to repair it the winter of my freshman year of college. And then I was good. Nothing happened to me until this fall. I ended up tearing my cartilage in my right shoulder playing football in the backyard. I have surgery for that planned for Friday December 17th. (so, if anyone feels so inclined, you should ocme visit me that weekend and watch movies with me!!!) Also, my knee got hurt while playing in a football game a few weeks ago. I have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday, so I will know for sure then. It might be a ligament tear, or just a sprain. We will see. It hasn't gotten any better though, so that worries me.
Anyways, I do believe this classifies me as injury prone. Hopefully I'll just end the injury train here. I mean, seriously, I'm running out of things to injure. There's still my right foot and left knee, but I'd rather avoid those.
I guess that's all. I'm just ranting tonight, no real topic. But if you want to comment on my injury-proneness, feel free to. Or if you want to come visit me that weekend (or, really, anytime during Christmas break, let me know!).
Oh, and comment on my other topics. I think only Matt comments nowadays (<3 Matt!)
4 comments:
Yo, I will be around for a week or two around Christmas and New Years, so we will chill then while your shoulder heals. I will hit you up when I know more about the dates and all.
Sameer
Pat, I think you must have gotten unlucky and half of your injuries were probably really meant for me, as I am the opposite of Injury Prone.
James
Hey Pat,
I'm so sorry about your injuries, but I'll come visit some time and I'll bring food if you want, cause that's my favorite thing when I'm recovering. I'll send out good health vibes too!
-Julie
I love you bud. Good luck with that surgery. I'm afraid i'll be out of town on that date, but i'll try and be there for you. I think your record probably suggests you're injury prone, but don't take it too badly. Just stop insisting on playing through football games injured, and things will heal more quickly. Take care.
Sean
Post a Comment