November 03, 2004

I voted for Bush!! Yeah!! That's Right!!!

OK, living in Davis, all I have been hearing is how a Bush victory is the end of the world. Everyone is complaining that the population must be stupid for electing Mr. Bush, and are whining about everything and anything. And I'm tired of it... First off. I would have been scared to death if Kerry had been elected. He is NOT a leader. When the Usama Bin Laden tape came out, what is the first thing Kerry did? He took a poll of the public before deciding what to say about it. Does that sound like a leader to you? Someone who lives by the whims of public opinion and has no backbone to stand up on anything? I think not. Bush is a proven leader who does not back down in the face of adversity. He has a plan, and he is going to follow through on it. And, you know what, I believe it will work.

One thing that really pisses me off about all the whining is the talk about Bush implementing the draft. He IS NOT going to implement the draft. The draft bills in the House and Senate were proposed by DEMOCRATS!!! Bush has flat out said "I will not impose the draft." I don't even know where all of you guys are getting this. Is it from the left-wing psychos? The Michael Moore's of the nation??? Anyone who listens to those type of people deserve to be shot.

Next, the country is not as divided as it appears to be, in my view anyways. Bush won 51% of the popular vote. He is the first candidate to recieve over 50% of the vote since 1988. He's going to end up with 286 electoral votes. The Senate gained 4 seats while the House gained 7 seats (i think...say +/-1) for the Republicans. The entire South voted for Bush, for the first time since before Reconstruction. Since 1980, the Republicans have gone from 6 to 22 seats in the senate out of the South, including taking North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana this year. This was a mandate, and Bush's support has obviously grown since 2000. There is a conservative/Republican shift occuring in the nation, and most of the nation is swinging to the right. In the map in the link below, a LARGE majority of the counties in America supported Bush. There's is a lot of red on that map.

2004 Election Results by County:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm

The Democrats are in trouble as a party. They need to find someone to lead their party forward and get back in touch with the nation if they ever want to gain control again. The Republicans are more in touch with the nation as a whole, and they deserve to be in power right now.

I believe the next 4 years will be a great time in America. Bush has a Congress he can work with, and the economy, which is already on the rise, will continue to soar. We will finish our work in Iraq with good results, and Usama Bin Laden will be found. Al Queda will be brought down, and the world will be safer. This election has given me hope for the future.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job kiddo! I'm sending you an article that Aunt Donna sent me. It will interest you.

ZeroIndulgence said...

Hmmm, alright. I guess I believe that the "ppl who should be shot" are a small portion of the population. At least I'm hoping they are. Michael Moore is nuts...

James Seay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I guess that small population would include people like me. Kerry might not have succeeded now but there won't be any stopping for the impeachement process. You say you're struggling in college with your rent's helping you, so what makes of this high tuition fees and less programs in school? Where is the money going to? Our social security that each of the people our age are paying into might not be there when we actually retire. The programs in school for the less fortunate (i.e. "special people")have actually been taken out by the republicans(Arnold) and therefore the parents of these children that rely on these programs so they can work are now stuck to watch their kids at home and force to take unemployment. "'When the Usama Bin Laden tape came out, what is the first thing Kerry did? He took a poll of the public before deciding what to say about it. Does that sound like a leader to you? Someone who lives by the whims of public opinion and has no backbone to stand up on anything? I think not.'" I think that someone like Kerry is considerate enough to listen to the people instead of jumping into conclusions like Bush did. You didn't mention the weapons/explosives that were missing and all of the sudden Bush didn't know about it...and then changes his mind and says, "Oh, those weapons. Well, I didn't even know they were there." So technically the weapons of mass distruction that our troops/country are supposed to be looking/fighting for wasn't really there. You say this country is going to be on a rise? In reality it is only on the rise for the rich...people who corrupt the nation like Enron and the oil hog president. Do you know that there are more assigned troops to watch the oil in Iraq than "helping" the Iraquis become independent. I know because that is what my brother is doing right now. Truthfully, I would've voted for Nader. But this world is so divided that only two or the seven parties can bite each other's head off during elections. Thanks.

ZeroIndulgence said...

Hey anonymous...you do realize that it is the House that impeaches the President and the Senate that convicts and throws him out, right? And if you do, I hope you realize that the Republicans have a majority in both. There is no possible way they would even consider it.

Anonymous said...

this is James (Jimmy to some, the bearded lover to the ladies) first off, yes Matt, you should be shot, but not over political views (what is this, Iraq?) but simply out of principle. Bush is an able, all be it, inarticulate, leader. He is slowly becoming a better speaker from what i saw of a press conference today. I think the country is headed for more economic growth, and once we win in the countries we are in, a new found respect internationally will grow. All want peace, few like to see how it is achieved. You can't make an omlette with out breaking a few eggs. The international community will be right behind us in the end.

Anonymous said...

I didn't vote for Bush, and I personally think Kerry had more potential, but thats a moot point now, because he lost. On the flip side of things, Bush just approved another 3.5% raise, so I'm cool with that and hope he keeps it up.

James

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, Sean here. Too lazy to create a blog account. I think the reason people are suggesting that there could be a draft in the future under President Bush is that we have nearly all of our troops active in afghanistan and iraq. If the US were to become involved in even one more conflict, say in North Korea, we would be FORCED into drafting soldiers to deal with said hypothetical conflict. Seeing as the US right now has managed to rub alot of the world the wrong way, another military conflict elsewhere in the world might not be so farfetched a necessity. Also, as far as I know, every "war" that america has declared has required a draft. The Civil War, WWI, WWII, etc. all required drafts. War on a large scale necessitates such things. I think the concern about a draft in the US stems from the view of many that perhaps the President isn't keeping in mind how thinly he's spreading our troops, and how volatile the US's situation is right now.

Anonymous said...

the draft has been shot down by republicans, it was first brought up and supported by democrats. I don't know where this thought of a rebuplican suggested draft came from

James Brill

Anonymous said...

I'd like to point out the fact that "the military" is not stretched too thin. The Army is. The Air Force and Navy are both cutting jobs, and the Army is taking our rejects. Hmm, I wonder why the Army has a shortage of personnel, while the other services have an excess. Maybe it's because their football team is even worse than ours, HAHAHAHAHA.
James