This is a quote I heard Phil Helmuth say in a spot on him during the Tournament of Champions. He has it written on his mirror in the bathroom, and its something he lives by. I was thinking about this lately, and I have to agree. I DO expect good things to happen to me. I think that's why I get so bummed out when things don't go my way. I expect these good things to happen, so when they don't, it's sad. I guess that's all on that topic...
On that note, I didn't get hired as a conductor. I kinda expected I wouldn't (despite expecting good things to happen to me), but there were like 45 applications for 3 positions. Only the 15 best apps were given interviews, so I should be happy I got one (although, I had some help in getting my interview :-P ). But, alas, I need a job. I don't even know where to start looking again. That's the plan for the weekend though. I need to study for two midterms, find a job, and figure out my classes for next quarter...all this weekend. Needless to say, I'll be busy. But busy is good, at least I won't be bored. I also have a football game on Sunday, and with Tom, Kent, and Kendall out of town for the weekend, it'll be quiet here.
Anything else? Nah...I'll leave it there. Post any suggestions for a job you might have for me...or any thoughts in general...
2 comments:
nice words there mr. quinn, hard work is the key to sucess
that last comment was by james brill
Post a Comment