December 04, 2012

Tuesday Morning Q


Good morning and welcome to another installment of the Tuesday Morning Q!  Going to hit on a few quick topics today before I dive back into the working world this morning…so lets get to it!

Christmas Season!

As my blog triumphantly pointed out on Saturday, the Christmas Season is here!  We here at Q’s Adventures couldn’t be happier, as it allows for great blogging topics.  I already have blogs planned to talk about trees, and penguins, and Egypt…good times!

Today, I have another video to share with you to get you into the Christmas Spirit!  This might be the greatest rendition of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ever, performed by the one and only DMX!  I will say no more until you watch…it is pure gold!



Rembert Browne over at Grantland.com gave the following 15 reasons about why this is so incredible.  I’ll reproduce them below.  He gives a 16th reason as well…so click on the link to the story to find out what that is (LINK).
This is incredible for about 15 reasons. 
 1. This interaction:
Power 105: "I printed the lyrics."
DMX: "I KNOW THE LYRICS." 
 2. This face: 

 3. His voice, which is beautiful. 
 4. The way he growls "recall," which is more "re-kahhhhhhlll." 
 5. This part:
"The most famous reindeer of all, COME ON." 
 6. THE BEAT HE DROPPED FOR HIMSELF ON THE TABLE GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY HE'S PERFECT. 
 7. This part:
"Had a very shiny nose, UGH." 
 8. And this part:
"You would even say it glows, COME ON, COME ON." 
 9. His chains, which are ever-so-swinging while he does the table beat. 
 10. The fact that he seems to identify with Rudolph's hardships. You can almost feel it in his singbark when he singbarks "they never let poor Rudolph play in any reindeer games." Heavy. 
 11. Him going a cappella and standing up for "Won't you ride my sleigh tonight?" 
 12. The realization that he's actually about to get to the end and actually knew every word, which is the best realization. 
 13. This ad lib:
"You'll go down in history ... FOREVER." 
 14. The final lyric:
"You go down in history, WHAT." 
 15. And the post-song commentary:
"Did I get the names right?" 
 Yes, Dark Man, you did. You did great. All of this is incredible in itself, and that's all before realizing the 16th great thing about this clip.
And I’ll stop there and make you go to the article to find out the 16th amazing thing about this video.  Needless to say, its officially Christmas Season when videos of DMX doing Rudolph start to make the rounds (and, if you know DMX’s music, this is SO DMX…its like he’s doing a parody of himself…so incredible).  Anyways, I know I’m in the Christmas Spirit now!

Softball

We’ve, incredibly, been rained out for over a month now in our Friday softball league.  This coming Friday, hopefully, we will get to play our semifinal game for the summer season.  And if we win, we’ll play back to back, with the Championship game happening right away afterwards.  Weather reports look good for now, so I’m cautiously optimistic.  The next day, Saturday, our team is participating in the Toys for Tots Tournament, meaning, at a minimum, another 3 softball games on Saturday.  So, after not getting any softball in for over a month, I could play anywhere between 4 and 6 or 7 games this weekend, depending on how well we do.  I think that’s pretty darned awesome.  I’ve missed playing softball.

Niners

Anger and rage are apt adjectives to describe my feelings on Sunday.  Harbaugh’s playcalling, Akers’ unclutchness…I mean, it’s the freaking Rams!  Comeon Niners.  I really don’t think the Niners are a Super Bowl team yet.  Too many brain farts, too many inconsistent outings against crap teams, and just too much volatility overall.  I do love me some Kaepernick, though.  Definitely think he’s the right choice, and does give us the best chance to win it all.  Getting his growing pains out of the way now seems like a good idea, as he’s going to be a star.

WWE Wrestling

Yes, I’ve been watching more wrestling lately.  Sue me, its fun!

Odin

Odin gets to go to the vet three days before Christmas!  Lucky guy.  But he’s due for rabies and a wellness exam…so it must be done.

Cooking

So, as you probably know, I do enjoy dabbling in the kitchen from time to time.  Last night I made myself the most delicious dinner…one of the better dished I’ve made in quite a while!  It was a Yellow Thai curry chicken with broccoli, green cauliflower, and crab meat.  I seasoned the chicken with equal parts turmeric, garam masala, onion powder, and ground ginger.  I let that rub sit on the cubed chicken for a few hours, so it really stuck.  Then threw it in a pan with the veggies, cooked everything up, then added the curry sauce and let it simmer down, so the veggies really soaked in the flavor.  The end result was really freaking delicious. 

Next on my list of things to attempt is…I’m gonna try to bake a pumpkin pie!  I think that’s on tap for today.  My last attempt at baking was…mixed (heh).  I made pumpkin ginger bread.  It ended up being rather dense…but the flavor was spot on.  Hopefully this goes better!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That’s all I got for today!  Hopefully the Christmas Season is treating you well, and you are enjoying the lights while avoiding the epically annoying commercialism of the season!

2 comments:

Sue Quinn said...

Nice mish mash. No video though.

ZeroIndulgence said...

Ugh, I'll have to fix it from home...