December 08, 2012

Pacquiao-Marquez 4...Another War in the Ring!

As you may or may not know, one of my interests is boxing.  I really rather enjoy combat sports.  Love going back to watch old Ali or Frazier flights.  Love it when Pacquiao or Mayweather get into the ring.  Thoroughly enjoy a good fight.  Tonight was a big one...Pacquiao-Marquez 4.

In that fight tonight, this happened...


...and I was left speechless!  Pacquiao had been winning the fight before this brilliant counter-punch by Marquez, and seemed well on his way to winning the fight.  Marquez was on wobbly legs in the 5th, and clearly had a broken nose in the 6th.  Pacquiao got overanxious to try and score an emphatic victory...to close the fight out...and walked right into that devastating counter!

I was watching, and I was floored.  I mean, my jaw dropped.  Pacquiao, put to sleep.  Unbelievable!

Anyways, just wanted to share.  This knockout will be talked about for a long, long time.  Pacquiao has been a huge star...and we might have just seen the end of his brilliant, and very successful career.  Mayweather-Pacquiao is assuredly dead in the water now.  The landscape of professional boxing has changes tonight.  Just an incredible fight, capped off by a brutal and unexpected knockout.  This is what boxing is all about.

No comments: