IT'S BACK! Football is back! And I couldn't be happier. I love football season. Honestly, fall is the best sports time of the year. Between football, the baseball postseason drive, and the beginning of hockey (hopefully) and basketball seasons...there's a ton going on! The weather here is usually warm in the fall. My birthday is in October. Fall is just awesome.
So, football is back, and life is awesome. Thus, its time for my preseason predictions! As always, I'll pick the division winners, the wild cards, put them into seeds, and then run the playoffs through and pick a champion. Obviously, I'll be hugely wrong...but its fun! I might even add in some postseason awards predictions, like I do for the other sports. Lets get going!
NFC:
West: San Francisco (2)
East: Philadelphia (4)
North: Green Bay (1)
South: Atlanta (3)
Wild
Card: Chicago (5)
Wild
Card: New Orleans (6)
Green Bay and SF are pretty easy picks. Chicago should be awesome this year, but with GB in their division will have to settle for a wild card. Atlanta should be really good. I like them taking the South over New Orleans, who could struggle without their coach, at least out the gate. Still have NO getting the last wild card spot. I'll take Philly in the East, but I'm not happy about it. I think all those teams are terrible.
AFC:
West: Denver (4)
East: New England (1)
North: Baltimore (3)
South: Houston (2)
Wild
Card: Pittsburgh (5)
Wild
Card: Cincinnati (6)
New England and Houston seem like pretty easy picks. Baltimore in the North is a tough one...Pittsburgh and Cincy should both be very good once again. I'll take Ray Rice and Torrey Smith for the division, and have the AFC North sweep the wild card spots again this year. Just too good. I'll take Denver in the West...but much like the NFC East, I don't like it. None of those teams are very good. The entire division could finish 8-8 again, like last year.
Playoffs:
Wild Card
Round
Chicago over
Philadelphia
New Orleans
over Atlanta
Denver over
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
over Cincinnati
Divisional
Round
Green Bay
over New Orleans
San
Francisco over Chicago
New England
over Denver
Houston over
Baltimore
Conference
Championships
San
Francisco over Green Bay
Houston over
New England
Super
Bowl:
Hahaha, yeah, I'm a homer. But, really, the Niners should have won the Super Bowl last year...and this year they should be even better...especially on offense. Add in a competent level offense to our stellar defense...they'll be tough to stop! Should be fun. I like Houston in the AFC, assuming they can stay healthy. Houston would have probably marched to the Super Bowl last year had Schaub and Andre been healthy. Both these teams seem to be on an upswing, and would be a rather intriguing Super Bowl matchup! Make it happen, Niners!
Regular Season Award Predictions:
NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay
Offensive Player of the Year: Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans
Defensive Player of the Year: Patrick Willis, LB, San Francisco
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Doug Martin, RB, Tampa Bay
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Melvin Ingram , LB, San Diego
Coach of the Year: Lovie Smith, Chicago
And, as always, all predictions wrong or your money back!
2 comments:
I was too swamped at work the last few days to do this! I'll give you a call to run through my picks!
JMB
AFC East Team
New England Patriots 1
AFC North Team
Pittsburgh Steelers 3
AFC South Team
Houston Texans 2
AFC West Team
Denver Broncos 4
Baltimore Ravens 5
San Diego Chargers 6
Pitt vs Houston
Balt vs Pats
Pitt vs. Balt
Pitt
NFC East Team
New York Giants 3
NFC North Team
Detroit Lions 4
NFC South Team
Atlanta Falcons 2
NFC West Team
San Francisco 49ers 1
Dallas Cowboys 6
Green Bay Packers 5
Giants vs SF
Detroit vs Falcon
SF Vs Detroit
Detroit
SuperBowl
Pitt vs Detroit
Detroit
JMB
Post a Comment