Note:
It’s like a Tuesday Morning Q, just one day early!
I learned
something this past week: my legs are
weak.
As you all
probably know by now, I’m training for a half marathon. This past week was my 4th week of
training…meaning I’m now 1 month through a 3 month training schedule leading up
to the half marathon! Cruising right
along. Last week my running was upped a
bit. I ran 5 days last week, for a total
of 25 miles. Not too shabby. Aerobically, it was rather easy. After my long 7 mile run, I wasn’t even
breathing particularly hard at the end…even after sprinting the last .5 miles
around the neighborhood. Easy. My legs, though, are rather tired. Rather rather tired.
Turns out
that my preparation for the half marathon will be needed not to get my lungs up
to snuff, but to get my legs strong enough to handle 13.1 miles of running at
one time! This week should be similar in
distance…4 miles Monday, 5.25 miles Tuesday, 5.25 miles Wednesday, 4 miles Friday,
and 8 miles Saturday. 26.5 miles
total. Bring it on!
Other
tidbits from my life continue below…
General Fitness
I bought a
new bathroom scale last week. It not
only measures my weight (accurately…one of the most accurate scales tested on
the market right now), but takes body fat percentage, water weight percentage,
muscle mass percentage, and total bone mass percentage. Pretty freaking cool. I’ve spent all this time losing weight…and
using that as the sole metric for my health.
But there’s more to it than weight.
Body fat percentage is another important way to measure how healthy I
am. I could be 185 lbs with 25% body fat…or
I could do some weight lifting and be 195 lbs and 15% body fat. I think the second one is much healthier (and
also where I happen to be right now).
Anyways…at the very least, this will give me another metric to measure
in my attempts to get myself healthy.
Niners, A’s, Sports…
Meh. I am angry.
This is not the time for sports rage.
Softball Update
Our Friday
Night softball team finally took out our nemesis, ATM…a team that beat us 3
times last season, including by 2 runs in the playoffs. Ugh.
Felt good to finally get the better of those clowns. I cranked out another homer…so my power
stroke definitely seems to be coming around.
This is a good thing!
Camping! Yosemite!
So, as I’ve
mentioned in the past, and now have a facebook event for it (which, I assume,
makes it official)…I’m headed to Yosemite for a camping trip right after my
birthday! Heading out Thursday the 4th,
coming home Sunday the 7th.
Yeah! Awesome! If I forgot to invite you on facebook, my
bad. I hate facebook. Consider this your invite. I can have 12 total people. And 4 total cars. So far I have 5 confirmed people coming…so
there’s still some space. We’ll need to
figure out some carpooling, though. All
in good time. Epic hiking will commence!
Anyways, let
me know if you want to go. Otherwise,
enjoy missing out on the time of your life!
Upcoming Blog Topics
In closing,
look forward to the following blog topics that I plan to write about in the
coming weeks.
~Q’s 5
Guilty Pleasures
~Places I
would be willing to live outside of California
~Thoughts on
turning 29, and the fast approaching end of my 20s
~Q’s
Adventures: Yosemite
~Q’s
Adventures: San Diego
~A look at
the media’s coverage of the election
So, yeah,
lots to look forward to!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment