September 24, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon Musings

This is my 60th blog post of the year! WoW! A new record by quite a bit! And it's only September! I'm also only 12 away from my 200th ever post, so I might have to do something cool for that (check in the november timeframe for that one). I guess I should make my 60th of the year special, by ranting about completely non related things. The true spirit by which this blog was initially founded. Enjoy!

I'm thinking Las Vegas will be a great place to spend my 25th birthday. Chillin at the Luxor. I don't have tickets to a show, because me and my friends are all too poor. And I'm not sure what night we'd do it anyways. But dinner will be had at Gallaghers Steak House, and we will play craps, and we will chill in the lounge, and we will have great times. I'm totally looking forward to it. Only a week left!

I've spent a lot more time in the air this year than I am used to. It's been awesome! I actually enjoy flying places (except during storms, like the flight from Mexico City to Guadalajara...ugh, that was terrible). So far this year I've flown to Las Vegas (home during 2008), Florida (via Dallas), Eastern Washington (via Seattle), and Cozumel, Mexico (via Guadalajara and Mexico City). I still have trips to Las Vegas and New Orleans on the docket as well. I won't be able to travel this much next year (I'll probably go back to Florida for the conference, and we'll see what summer holds), but man, 2008 has been loads of fun.

Sharks preseason starts on Friday. FRIDAY! This is awesome because it means I can watch glorious Sharks hockey soon. I don't have any tickets to any preseason games, but that's ok. I'm pretty much out of town between now and when the regular season starts anyways. October 9th is just a few weeks away! We want the Cup!

I've been told recently (in a completely complementary way, I believe) that I have a rather high opinion of myself. I thought about this for, oh, a second, and readily agreed. I'm pretty great. Maybe that's why I'm so hard to please when it comes to finding girls. I have an overinflated (wait, no, perfectlyinflated) sense of myself, and I expect any girl I spend time with to meet the standards of someone thusly important. Maybe I should lower my standards a bit...

Nah.

The silence in this office is deafening. We need more people to work here.

It's almost 11 o'clock. Time to start thinking about lunch. What do I want to eat? We had Indian on monday, and then I had subway on tuesday...hmmmm.

I'm headed to Williams this weekend for my niece's birthday. She is turning 4 and she is adorable. I have no idea what to get for her, though. Clothes and toys are off the table, since apparently she is getting loads of clothes from the family, and she has way too many toys already. That leaves very little to pick from. Last year for her bday I got her a disney princesses lamp and a horn for her new bike. For Christmas I got her a disney princesses bath robe. Those were brilliant ideas. I am now out of them. A little help with ideas would be appreciated.

I want Mexican food. It is decided. Too bad its still too early for lunch and I'm now super hungry craving the deliciousness.

I really really love my new commute. Today was the longest it ever took. 7 minutes. That is it. The longest ever. 7 minutes. I'm jealous of myself on this one.

Grrr...my hair appointment got cancelled yesterday. Now my hair probably won't be blonde by the time I go to Las Vegas. This disappoints me. I really need a hair cut, and really wanted the frosting done before my trip. Ugh.

OK, I'm done ranting.

No comments: