The greatest month of the year for sports fans is almost upon us. For a huge sports fan like me, nothing gets better than the month of October. March is pretty good, with baseball starting up, march madness going on, basketball and hockey getting into their playoff races, and arena football getting going. But, I'm sorry, it cannot hold a candle to October.
October is the second month of the football season. Football is a phenomenal sport, and the most popular sport in the U.S. By October, we have a good idea of who's gonna be good, and who's gonna be bad, and the games start to mean more. It's not the best month of the football season, but it's definately a good month for football. Personally, with the Niners, the Jaguars, and numerous fantasy football teams, October is a very fun football month for me.
October is also the beginning of the hockey season. Hockey is a very underrated and amazing sport. The physical endurance it takes to be good at this sport is mind boggling. It's hard hitting, finese passing, and sharpshooter scoring. Its a smash mouth game on ice with fighting and intensity. I love hockey. I can't get enough of it. And, personally, I'm a huge Sharks fan, so I have even more to look forward to this year.
Most importantly, though, October is the month of the baseball postseason. I love baseball, and I love it's playoffs. It's always entertaining to see underdog teams make runs, amazing pitching, and hero-making hitting. The teams are all so well matched, that the games are usually entertaining, and the series are usually close (even in a sweep, the games are close enough to have gone either way). I will always hold a soft spot in my heart for baseball, and it's playoff season is one of my favorite times of the year. Sadly, this year, the A's will not be in the playoffs. But the Rays have been a fun team to watch, and Arizona, LA, the Cubs, and the Phillies could make for a fun NL playoffs.
October is an amazing month in general. Between my birthday, halloween, the approaching holiday season, the amazing weather in California, and the awesome sports schedule, it's hard not to look forward to October. Especially this year when I'm headed to Vegas for my bday.
October is the best month in the year, and it's sports superiority has a large part in that. This is fact, and it is irrefutable.
No comments:
Post a Comment