September 04, 2008

Thursday Midday Ruminations

~I miss travelling every other week. My next real trip is still a month away (when I go to Vegas for my bday) and I can't hardly wait. Luckily, I got a trip to Williams this weekend, and a move next weekend into our new apartment, so that should keep me entertained.

~Speaking of moving, I haven't even started packing yet. It's just to daunting a task. I'll tackle it in parts next week. I brought home some boxes for my books and movies, so at least thats a start! A lotta stuff I have is still in boxes from college. I really only need to pack up clothes, books, movies, and computer parts. Odds n ends will come and go. It shouldn't be too bad. I think I'll have a billion trips to make between MoHill and Campbell that weekend, though. Ugh.

~Today, driving to work, I had to deal with three accidents on Hwy 85, within half a mile of one another. Insanity. People need to learn how to drive.

~My dad shot an 80 on a par 72 course yesterday. AN 80!!! Jesus, I need to step up my game if I'm gonna have a shot to keep up with that. My best game ever was a 99. BQ is a beast.

~Sarah Palin is a rock star!

~I should have my Sharks tickets soon. I've been charged for them, so I assume they are in the mail on the way. I'm stoked! 10 Sharks games this year, and I'll be living right on the light rail line to ride on into them! Should be good times!

~Palin/Jindal '12!!! Book it!

~I'm going to Williams this weekend for a BBQ. I was going to go to Seattle, but I'm not made of money. I'm saving up for my move, and then the Vegas trip. Of course, if I'm lucky at the tables, maybe Vegas will end up being profitable. Should still be a blast; a great way to celebrate my 25th birthday! :)

~I'm thinking that my year in review this year will be rolled out in phases the entire week between christmas and new years. Do the world events one day, movies another day, sporting events one day, personal events on the last day. Might even hold off on personal events until after my New Years trip to New Orleans, since I'll probably want to include the new years eve portion of that trip on the list.

~Speaking of New Orleans, I'm pretty stoked it hasn't sunken into the sea, yet. I mean, there's still Hurricane Ike that could wander its way into the Gulf and fuck shit up; and there's still a few months left in the hurricane season. But man, that was a close call. I thought I was gonna have to change my new years plans. Although, Honolulu wouldn't have been a bad alternative!

~On the topic of Honolulu (even my ruminations flow well between topics!), I've been running over some ideas for the summer vacation 2009. Hawaii was the initial choice, and it's still on the board. Alaska was my very first original idea (even before Hawaii), and then Bubs re-brought it up today in the wake of Sarah Palin reaching BQ status. I wouldn't mind another Caribbean adventure, as I absolutely adored Cozumel. Maybe my nationwide roadtrip wouldn't be a terrible idea either! Anyways, if you have any suggestions, let me know. I'm always open to travelling!

~I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. It's already september! That's ridiculous! I'll be 25 soon, which is even more ridiculous. I'm getting old.

Thats all for now!

No comments: