I ranted on Thursday about the bailout bill. Now it hasn't passed and everyone's stocks are in the tank. Awesome. Now my 401(k) investment can buy up all these cheap stocks and watch them grow over the next 30 years, and ill retire a multimillionaire! Go 401(k), go! (I hope everyone realizes the sarcasm in here...)
But enough about that. Today's MMR is about turning 25, Las Vegas, and baseball. I'm sure it will all flow together nicely.
Friday will mark a quarter century of Q. Insane, right? Here's the kicker... I still have more time I'm gonna have to spend working until I retire than I've lived in my entire life! Wow, the future looks boring. Monotony for the next 40 years. Awesome, can't wait!
But 25 should be pretty sweet. I mean, after this, I'll be in the beginning of my "late-20s" which means I'm supposed to start settling down then. So I get one last year to go nuts. Also, my car insurance should drop. And I can rent cars at will. I mean, this is a big deal, right? Of course, the only time I've ever rented a car was for a business trip, so it didnt matter how old I was. I had insurance through the company already. But still, pretty cool.
A quarter century makes me sound really old, though. Like, damn, 25 years ago I was born. I was born during the REAGAN PRESIDENCY, which is starting to look further and further behind us (we're about to elect our fourth president since Reagan left office). Intense. I must say, this is the first presidential election I feel this strongly about who wins. But that's a side note for another blog.
Anyways, turning 25 will be sweet, and I'll be doing so in Vegas. Excellent! Las Vegas is super fun. We're staying at the Luxor, which is always nice. It'll give us a home base with Aurora and Liquidity in the same hotel. Which is convenient. No Cirque de Soleil shows this time. For some reason, no one wants to shell out 50 bucks (which is super cheap for a Cirque show since we'd have James' military discount) to see an amazing show. When people agreed to go to Vegas with me, I figured they understood what kind of money gets spent in Vegas. You can't go to Vegas and spend nothing. It doesn't work that way. I have 500 bucks in pure play money saved up for this weekend. Gotta plan, fools.
But yeah, even with my cheap friends (kidding! ...sorta...), it should still be awesome times. And it's especially awesome that Pettibone is making it out for a night. It's costing him an arm (not a leg, at least) to get there and back, but it's always good to see my bro from OK (soon to be SC) since I don't get to see him too often.
And baseball: I'm gonna go ahead and predict here the World Series matchup: Tampa Bay Rays vs. Chicago Cubs. Sounds like a fun series to me!
OK, we're running late today since I actually had a lot of work to do today, so I'm gonna cut it short. I'll check back in on Wednesday before I go to Vegas. Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment