December 17, 2013

The 5th Day of Patmas

On the fifth day of Patmas, I give to you...5 Delectable Holiday Treats!

So I'm still trying to make up for the 3rd day's heaviness...so today I'm posting holiday treats!  Food, drink, whatever we want!  To any of you trying to avoid tasty treats until Christmas, I apologize for making you hungry in advance.  We can always lose weight in January!

Snickerdoodles!


Yes, I'm starting with snickerdoodles because snickerdoodles ARE Christmas.  These tasty cookies are literally the best morsels of food in history.  Nothing more needs to be said...

Gingerbread Cookies!


More cookies!  While gingerbread cookies fall short of snickerdoodles, they are still quite tasty!  You can make gingerbread men with them, and that's probably most famous...but really you can make them in any shape...stars, stockings, trees, snowflakes, etc!

Egg Nog!


Full disclosure, I'm not a huge egg nog fan.  But many people are, and it's definitely a holiday staple!  If I had to drink it, I'd definitely need moose glasses...

Apple cider!


Now, this is much more my speed.  There's not much better on a cold Christmas morning than some hot, spiced apple cider!

Candy Canes!


The most iconic of Christmas candies, the candy cane can both cure your sweet tooth, and be a solid decoration for the home!

So there you have it.  Apologies for making you hungry...but its ok, have a snickerdoodle.  I won't tell anyone!

No comments: