HOORAY!! HOORAY!!! IT’S ONE OF THE MOST GLORIOUS TIMES
OF THE YEAR! IT’S FINALLY THANKSGIVING
SEASON!!!
Yes, I know,
I’ve been mostly absent for a the entire summer on the dear blog! Some might have even feared it dead! But oh no, my friend, it is far from dead. It was just taking a break! But we’re back with a vengeance for the
holiday season…Welcome back, to the 2013 edition of the Thanksgiving Eleven!
Despite what
department stores and television advertisers may lead you to believe, it is NOT
Christmastime yet. It is Thanksgiving, a
most glorious, and yet mostly overlooked holiday. Last year, on this very blog, I started a new
series of posts in the same vein as my 12 Days of Patmas, but for
Thanksgiving. I figured, if I can pump
out 12+ posts about Christmas, and its not even in my top 3 holidays, then I
can certainly do something similar for Thanksgiving! And thus, the Thanksgiving Nine was born!
Like last
year, we will do three posts a week…Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. And I will try to group up the themes by
week. However, because Thanksgiving is
later in the month this year than it was last year, I’m adding a week, two
posts the week of Thanksgiving. Thus,
this year, we will be doing the Thanksgiving Eleven. The tentative schedule of posts is below…as
always, subject to change by my whims.
Week 1: The First F of Thanksgiving: Family
Nov. 4: The Three F’s of Thanksgiving
Nov. 6: A History of Q’s Thanksgiving Past
Nov. 8: TBD (It’s like a surprise post!)
Week 2: The Second F of Thanksgiving: Food
Nov.
11: Why the Turkey became the Official
Thanksgiving Meal
Nov.
13: Sweet Potatoes vs Yams: What’s the
Difference?
Nov.
15: Q’s Top 10 Thanksgiving Food Items
Week 3: The Third F of Thanksgiving: Football
Nov.
18: Lions and Cowboys: The Teams of
Thanksgiving
Nov.
20: The Annual Backyard Football Game
Nov.
22: The Best Thanksgiving Day Games in
History
Week 4: The Week of Thanksgiving
Nov.
25: A New Pre-Thanksgiving Tradition:
Running the Big Sur Half Marathon
Nov.
27: What I Am Most Thankful For This
Year
Hopefully
this will be as fun for you to read as it will be for me to write and
post. Thanksgiving gets a bad rap…its
continuously overlooked and forgotten, or laughed off as the official start of
shopping season! But it’s such an
important holiday, with such great ideals!
A day where you celebrate family and remember those things you are
thankful for really ought to be a bigger deal.
So, in my
own small way, I’m making it a bigger deal.
Welcome to The Thanksgiving Eleven!
Gobble
Gobble!
p.s. If you want
to read last year’s set of posts…Click HERE.

1 comment:
Looking forward to it! Glad to finally have a reason to check on your page again.
FWIW, reading through your holiday posts has become a sort of informal tradition for this loyal reader as well.
Post a Comment