Howdy all!
So, as you are all probably aware, I happen to be back in Tennessee for work this week. However, this time it is not a month an a half long trip...it is just for the week. I'm here for a Project Management training session! It's actually been pretty useful for me. I feel like I learned quite a bit, and have access to quite a bit of new information now that could help me grow my career into a project management one...which is the direction I would like to go. Hopefully something comes of this.
Either way, though, I've had a rather pleasant week here. First off, the weather is just gorgeous right now. Monday through Wednesday it was in the mid to upper 70s, not super humid (only like 40%...which is nothing)...just very very nice weather. Then, today, as a bonus, we got some pretty sweet afternoon thunderstorms that rolled in! I do love me a good thunderstorm, so this was quite the treat for me!
Other than the weather, the Knoxville area is just really nice. Its very hilly...and all the hills are nice and green. Loads of wooded areas. Then there's the rivers meandering through the area. I can't tell you how often I just wandered outside this week...just outside the hotel...and felt the breeze roll over my body at the perfect temperature, while I listened to the birds chirping, and the bugs chirping, and just...I dunno, it was very pleasant and soothing.
Tonight I took Steve to my favorite restaurant out here, Lakeside Tavern. Its delicious, at a beautiful setting, and just a perfect cap to a very nice week. It also provided the opportunity to take some great pictures too! At least to give a small taste of the area.
The view from our table...
And here's a very happy me, thoroughly enjoying the Tennessee life...
You know, I've never thought that I could live anywhere besides California. This week, though...I could actually see myself living in Tennessee, and enjoying it quite a bit. Worry not, Californians, I'm coming home tomorrow and have no real plans to move. However, if forced to relocate, I could do worse...
Anyways, back to the Pacific Time Zone tomorrow. Then next Friday, I'll be off to the Hawaiian Time Zone. A 6 hour time zone jump in one week. I guess my dad will be in the same boat! Sorry internal body clock! Will just have to keep up with me!
That's all for now!
Cheers!



No comments:
Post a Comment