March 22, 2012

The Recent Life of Q

Some things I’ve taken note of throughout the last few weeks…

~Running is the ultimate activity that is both loathed and loved…at the same time. Every day when I come home, I really have been feeling like blowing off my run. Just do not want to go out. Especially since my running route is windy. But once I’m out there, I feel great…and once I’m done, I feel amazing and am so glad I went. Then the next day, it’s the same process all over again.

~Still, running has been super worth it. I mean, I’m 1.3 pounds away from being officially under 200 pounds for the first time since High School. Which, honestly, seems like quite the accomplishment to me. But what do I know…

~The Sharks are shitty. No two ways around that one. I think all their problems come back to Antti Niemi. He is god awful. The worst part is something Keith mentioned to me yesterday…as a goalie, he likes players around him, protecting him, and blocking tons of shots, and clearing out rebounds…and we have a team full of players who have never had to do that, at all, over the last decade. So you’re trying to change the way established players have to play the game. You’re forcing our elite talent to play completely out of character. There’s a reason we were such a dangerous team with Nabokov in net…the team was set up for Nabokov to stop everything he saw, let up few if any rebounds, while the forwards and defense just worried about keeping shooters to the outside…and were then positioned to break the other way. Niemi is not like that. It’s seriously killing our team.

~Needless to say, it does look like I’ll save a bunch of money on playoff tickets this year. My bottom line will appreciate that.

~The A’s kind of dominated Spring Training. Especially at the plate, where they mashed the ball. Not bad for a team that’s supposed to have no offense. Gotta love the small sample sizes of Spring Training!

~I’m actually, finally, noticing some muscle building results from my p90x workouts. I’m just on the tail end of Week 7, and I’m noticing some real definition emerging in my arms and in my chest. This is pretty cool. Its nice to see visible results of hard work paying off. Oh, my legs are stupid cut now too…and I’m noticing my core strength increasing (although that one isn’t visual). These are all good things.

~Played some softball last night. The field we were on was running late, though…so our game didn’t end up starting til close to 11. Which means I didn’t get home from it until just after midnight. Which is a little late, to be perfectly honest. But, I do love playing softball…and I had a good game (2 doubles, 2 RBIs, 2 runs scored…got to pitch and didn’t walk anyone while striking out two…and we won!). So, yeah, totally worth it. Even if I only ended up getting 4 hours sleep last night. I can sleep when I’m dead!

~I’ve found myself having a really brilliant lunch of steamed veggies 3 times a week lately. Chris and I will head over to the farmer’s market Sunday morning, and I’ll pick up some delicious broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots...cut them up, bag them up, and bring a bag to work with me for lunch. It’s been super satisfying, nice a light, and a great source of vitamins and minerals. Since I started doing this for lunch the last two weeks, I’ve just felt a whole lot better, dropped the extra water weight/bloat weight I had picked up the week before my skydiving adventure, and am almost down to under 200 pounds (a milestone I still hope to hit before I leave for Hawaii). Not sure if this correlation implies causation in this case, but I’m going to keep it up.

~I’m headed to Tennessee next week for work. This time its just a training session, though…so no month and a half stays! I’ll have to figure out how to keep working out while I’m there. I think my hotel has a small gym, so I guess I can treadmill run, as much as I hate it. Or run up and down Illinois Ave…although that could be annoying. I’ll make it work.

~I’m in the middle of a rather busy, and epically awesome, stretch of days for me. This weekend I’ve got two parties/get togethers on Saturday night. Next week I’m in Tennessee. The next weekend I have a 5k run, and then the following Friday I leave for Hawaii for 10 days! I’m pretty stoked on all of this. Mixed in there will be the last Sharks games of the season, 2 softball games a week, the beginning of golf league…and hopefully some time to go on some dates, you know, if I can fit it into the schedule. I do love being this busy! Time to start filling up my May!

~Hawaii is just around the corner for me and my family! I’m super excited and can’t freaking wait!

That’s all for now! I’ll try to drum up a post with more substance soon.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Correction: Hawaii is just around the corner for you, your family, and us!
It's going to be great! We can't wait

ZeroIndulgence said...

You and Crystal are part of my family, dude. And yes, it will be a great time!

Jason said...

touche, sir!