So, today I decided to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! Why? Because it sounded like a good idea.
And I was right, it was an amazing idea! What a rush that is. I mean, seriously, its pretty indescribable what a sensation falling out of a plane truly is.
Chris and I went out to Skydive Monterrey Bay in Marina to do the World's Highest Tandem Jump at 18,000ft. My coworker Jim and some of his diving buddies came out as well...not for the tandems, because this is a hobby of theirs, so they're certified and do it all the time. So, yeah, pretty cool day.
Anyways, here's a few pictures of my day today!
Chris and I, on the ground, getting ready to go on up:
My tandem and I getting on the plane:
Up we go:
It was a perfect day for jumping:
Down we go:
What a gorgeous place to jump:
I'm flying!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Seriously, we actually were freefalling for 90 seconds, which is a decent amount of time:
Do I look happy, or is that just the airflow?
Time to deploy the parachute!
Incoming!
Successful Landing!
Successful 1st Jump!
Seriously, what a rush. And it was just gorgeous out there. Such beautiful scenery...and the sky was super clear. Skydiving is not really what you would expect. I mean, you do not, at all, get that sensation of falling...ever. It actually took me a few seconds once we left the plane for me to even realize we had left it. The change is that subtle. And the ground does not appear to be getting particularly closer for quite a while. Its just, incredible. Loved every second of it.
4 comments:
Great pictures buddy, really glad you finally got to do it!
DUDE, I forgot that you went skydiving when I texted you last night. AWESOME photos, and you're really tempting me to do this. :-D I think my fiancee will kill me though!
You could not pay me enough money to jump out of a plane, but it looks like you enjoyed yourself. Glad you survived :-)
Its not really jumping...you really just kind of fall out of the plane. Although without the falling sensation whatsoever. Really, you just kind of float out of the plane! It's rather pleasant!
Post a Comment