February 01, 2012

February!

Blink and you’ll miss it! That’s right, the first month of 2012 is already gone! Where did it go? I’m not entirely sure, but it seems to have gone by far too quickly. This means one of two things…either I’m getting old, or January was really rather busy. And being as I didn’t really do much in January (by my standards), I suspect I’m just getting old.

Anyways, January had some highlights. It definitely lacked in Sharks home games, but I still got to a few. Caught a Stockton Thunder game, which was epic. The Niners had a playoff run that was exhilarating, and then ended in heartbreak. Went on a few dates with a girl I thought was pretty cool. That appears to be on the back burner now (I have literally no idea what happened, but such is life…), but I’ll never turn down a few good dates! Um, what else? Been playing softball on Friday nights. That’s been pretty awesome to be out and playing again. Work was nuts. We moved offices, so that consumed some of my time. Oh, and I set a new personal distance mark for running with 6.5 miles last weekend. Not to mention my mom's seemingly successful battle with cancer.  All in all, a productive, if not bumpy, month.


Looking ahead, February should be an ok month, I guess. It will definitely end with a bang, as I’ll be headed back on the road out to Minnesota the last weekend of the month for my annual hockey roadie with Dustin. Assuming I survive the bitter cold of the US’s Great White North, it should be a wonderful time. Catching a Sharks game vs. the Wild, and I’ll go roam around the St. Paul area since I’ve never been there before. Super stoked. Still gotta wait 3 ½ weeks…but its finally on the horizon!

I’m also planning on starting a very strict workout regimen. I’m tired of the last remaining fat on my body, so I’m going to go insane. The plan, at least until my will power gives in, is to run in the morning before work to kickstart the metabolism, and then some weight training after work. I’m thinking of p90x…although supposedly that’s 6 days a week…not sure I care to commit that much time to it. However, even if I did 4 days a week of p90x workouts, I think that would really help quite a bit. Either way, it will be an interesting test of my will power. I hate doing things in the morning…so forcing myself to get up early and run will be a true test. We’ll see how it goes. I want to be to my goal weight and body by Hawaii (so I can rock out on the beaches, of course)…so its time to kick it into overdrive!

Four home Sharks games this month (that’s it, actually…kind of sad); softball on Fridays will continue; and I’ll continue my never ending quest to avoid being bored. I’d like to get a mini golf outing in sometime soon (was supposed to end the month with one, but shit happens…I’ll convince someone to come play mini golf with me sooner or later!). I think another Stockton Thunder game roadie will be on the menu. Plenty of things to keep me occupied this month…good thing we get an extra day this year (LEAP YEAR!).

As for the blog…January was somewhat active, although the content wasn’t entirely informative or in depth. But I posted 9 blog posts! A decent start to what I hope will be an active year. I’ll probably pen some thoughts on the Republican Primary, since I haven’t done so recently. I’ll keep posting pictures of myself, because I am super vain like that. I’ll post tidbits here and there of my meanderings. Maybe I’ll even have a super philosophical debate with myself at some point! With how little sleep I’ve been getting, a late night post of nonsensical philosophical ramblings has serious potential to be both hilarious and unreadable. Could happen…never know. And, of course, I’ll post the Q’s Adventures recap of my Minny Trip.

Anyways, welcome to February. Hopefully it will be better than January was! And don’t blink…you might end up missing this month, too (even with the extra day)!

No comments: